And let the Vacation begin......

Status
Not open for further replies.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, we will be on our way to Albert Dock after Lunch! Hey, don't worry about having to wait, Gerrard Heulier (sp?!!) the Liverpool manager, has juat walked in !! I am sure he will invite you all to the VIP rooms if you ask nicely!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Grub

As with most football stadia Anfield has a host of burger bars around the ground, there is no longer a McDonalds located on The Kop (much to many Kopite's great pleasure).

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey guys! Teufel and i just woke up!!
what a night we had over here!!

So where are we now???

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Fwan and Teufel!

We're in the Anfield Stadium in Liverpool, looking for a place to have lunch!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I'll see tomorrow where you all decided to have lunch! Thank you Sarah!
I'll catch up with you all tomorrow!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ohh lunch!!
now i need to do some shopping as there is nothing left

Brunch for me sounds delicious so where we going???

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will order the second last one thank you

hhmmmmm

Infact because its friday i wanted to make a roast tonight!
but i dont know how with such a small yukky oven

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning / Afternoon!

That food sure looks better than the Frosted Flakes I was thinking about having!

Are we still having a great time on our trip?

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're popping over to China Town!

Liverpool has one of the oldest established Chinese communities in Europe. The trade links between China and Britain via the ports of Shanghai and Liverpool were instrumental in the establishment of a Chinese community within the city. The main trading goods were silk and cotton wool. The first vessel arrived in Liverpool direct from China in 1834. With the revision of the East India Company's charter, the China trade was for the first time thrown open to private enterprise.

The first wave of Chinese immigrants arrived in 1866 with the establishment of the Blue Funnel Shipping Line a branch of the Holt Ocean Steamship Company, which ran a line of steamers directly from Liverpool to China. Chinese sailors who decided to stay in Liverpool and work from here settled in an area of the city that was close to the docks in Cleveland Square.

Boarding houses were first opened by the Holt Shipping Company to accommodate their workers. According to Mr. So of the Wah Sing Chinese Community Centre by 1871 there were 202 Chinese settled in Liverpool.

It was here and in the surrounding streets that the first Chinese settlers started their own businesses supplying services to their countrymen who found themselves in a strange city, where the language and customs were alien. For example, they opened boarding-houses where the men could talk in their own language and be understood, cafes so that they could buy cooked food and shops where they could buy the necessary groceries to prepare their own meals. One of the first Chinese shops to open was in Pitt Street.

The arch was actually imported from China itself and was pieced back together by skilled Chinese carpenters back here in Liverpool.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey sarah! i finally ordered some toys for tibby and molly
now im just waiting to get here

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sarah you'll never believe this!. You know when we were at mine and i mentioned where our football ground was?.

Well just further down from it is China Town which is obviously like this one with all the restaurants etc.... and they've just installed the very same arch like that one a couple of weeks ago leading into it!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Sarah you'll never believe this!. You know when we were at mine and i mentioned where our football ground was?.

Well just further down from it is China Town which is obviously like this one with all the restaurants etc.... and they've just installed the very same arch like that one a couple of weeks ago leading into it!
That is so strange! I will have to keep an eye out in Manchester to see if we get a new one here too!

Do you think they ordered a job lot?!

Status
Not open for further replies.