Anal Sac Problems: PLEASE if anyone can help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamu708

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Basil really gave me a hard time Sunday night.  He kept spitting out the pill.  I wrapped him in a blanket and tried to hold his head by gently pressing on the jaws, but he kept thrashing his head from side to side. He ended up biting through the pill and then running off.  I had to catch him again and rewrap him.  He bit my palm, but I eventually got the pill in.  I have 5 more days of this.  This is really frustrating.  I hate upsetting him.  He was crying the whole time; I felt so bad.  But his appetite is back and he is playing again. 

Hopefully it won't be so bad tonight.

momofmaxwell

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Tamu.I'm sorry it is such a battle.Some kitties just after one experience will  never forget & fight it.Him crying is telling you & biting.Is there no way you can get the flavored tabs or take those pills to a compounding pharmacy and have them grind them up & add liquid to it(flavored) so that you can syringe something that is not so terrible.? Here is a link from 1-800 pet meds which has super service.Or can you take your baby although having to pay to have him pilled at the vets, longterm  it would be better.A lot less stress.You will find over the years other times your baby will need meds.This pilling experience will stay instilled in him.They do remember bad times.The stress is not helping him either & can bring on other illnesses.Sometimes it is just not worth stressing them to point that kitty  cries & bites you.Please reconsider your options.The vet should have told you baytril is bitter but your kitty even if it wasn't may be a cat that is just not pillable.Every one being so different from the next.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrT...056.html/RK=0/RS=VV8iMkSa6cujhxMp8P22z34UkT4- 

Hugs C. Also read that baytril can screw up good gut bacteria & a good probiotic should be used.You can google about it & read.It kills the good as well as bad bacteria.I've never used an actual probiotic for any of my cats but I'm sure many members here are currently using good ones.Maybe someone will chime in for you,:)

Last edited: