Anal prolapse in male kitten

WayneOcctx

Regular guy honest hard working
Kitten
Purraise
Hi..I'm Wayne and I moved into a rent house and discovered there was a mother cat with three kittens in the shed I would say the kittens were about 2 weeks old when I moved in maybe 3 weeks. I started feeding them because I noticed the mother was real skinny and I don't see how they were eating so I started feeding them when they were probably about I don't know four or five weeks old and I noticed one of the kittens which was white with black spots had a red anus and he's had that ever since then which was around middle of August so I would guess he's probably around 23 to 25 weeks old and he still has it and I've been feeding them twice a day since then. I haven't had the extra money to take him to the vet to be honest and it's driven me crazy with concern and sadness because I hate to see anything suffer and I developed strong feelings for this certain kitten and I call him boo boo.
as you can see he has I guess an anal protrusion. The first pic he was I'd guess 8 wks and I noticed he has that bright red anus . The next pic was0ct 5th the 3rdvic was Nov 29th.the last was a couple of days ago as he had green diarrhea. He's had this prob since at least 8 wks old .he's now about 23 wks or do. I haven't had the extra money to take him to the vet. I did treat him for round worms twice and he's an indoor outdoor cat. He hasn't had any vaccinations. It's not because I don't want to take him instead I haven't been able to afford to. all together I'm feeding eight cats two mothers and six kittens and boo boo is one of the kittens the house next door where my boss lives in his shed is right about the same time was a mother with three kittens so nobody was feeding them I started feeding them and now I'm feeding all of them twice a day. But boo boo is my favorite and I hope soon that I will be able to take him to the vet and find out what I have to do to get him well. But perhaps someone here can give me some advice or some knowledge of what they think it might be thank you

mittens23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi..I'm Wayne and I moved into a rent house and discovered there was a mother cat with three kittens in the shed I would say the kittens were about 2 weeks old when I moved in maybe 3 weeks. I started feeding them because I noticed the mother was real skinny and I don't see how they were eating so I started feeding them when they were probably about I don't know four or five weeks old and I noticed one of the kittens which was white with black spots had a red anus and he's had that ever since then which was around middle of August so I would guess he's probably around 23 to 25 weeks old and he still has it and I've been feeding them twice a day since then. I haven't had the extra money to take him to the vet to be honest and it's driven me crazy with concern and sadness because I hate to see anything suffer and I developed strong feelings for this certain kitten and I call him boo boo.
as you can see he has I guess an anal protrusion. The first pic he was I'd guess 8 wks and I noticed he has that bright red anus . The next pic was0ct 5th the 3rdvic was Nov 29th.the last was a couple of days ago as he had green diarrhea. He's had this prob since at least 8 wks old .he's now about 23 wks or do. I haven't had the extra money to take him to the vet. I did treat him for round worms twice and he's an indoor outdoor cat. He hasn't had any vaccinations. It's not because I don't want to take him instead I haven't been able to afford to. all together I'm feeding eight cats two mothers and six kittens and boo boo is one of the kittens the house next door where my boss lives in his shed is right about the same time was a mother with three kittens so nobody was feeding them I started feeding them and now I'm feeding all of them twice a day. But boo boo is my favorite and I hope soon that I will be able to take him to the vet and find out what I have to do to get him well. But perhaps someone here can give me some advice or some knowledge of what they think it might be thank you
I really can't help you but maybe others can. I take care of ferals and one year the kitty I took care of her anus was red big and round. It only did it when she had a bout of diarrhea then all the feral were having big and red and round anuses. I assumed it was a bug going around. After that year it mysteriously disappeared. They need to be on kitten food. The mother can eat it too. Dry kibbles.
[/QUOTE]

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No pictures were attached so it's hard to know just what this is, plus we aren't Vets here, sos even with pictures we couldn't be sure. That being said, if it IS anul prolapse and it's lasted this long, he really does need to be seen by a Vet. Often they need to stitch it up inside to keep it in. just a stitch or two as far as I undrstand.

Maybe something here will help you:. Financial Help For Cat Care.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, please see a vet. It really is a quick, simple fix that can become deadly if not attended to.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

WayneOcctx

Regular guy honest hard working
Kitten
Purraise
No pictures were attached so it's hard to know just what this is, plus we aren't Vets here, sos even with pictures we couldn't be sure. That being said, if it IS anul prolapse and it's lasted this long, he really does need to be seen by a Vet. Often they need to stitch it up inside to keep it in. just a stitch or two as far as I undrstand.

Maybe something here will help you:. Financial Help For Cat Care.
Hi..I appreciate the reply but I tried to attach pics and thought I had and for whatever reason it just kept repeating my post then I couldn't figure out how to delete it! I checked my email the next day and tried to post pics again and I succeeded with a couple of pics. Im sorry but I'm using my smartphone and not a laptop or computer. I'm new at this and I'll probably try again ...thanks😊
IMG_20201125_155433394.jpg
IMG_20201129_153759856.jpg

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd get the kitten to a vet soon. The vet can gently push the rectal tissue back in and maybe add a suture or two to keep it from popping back out. If the tissue is left hanging outside of the body, it will dry out and become necrotic and surgery would be needed to fix the prolapse.

See if there are any low cost vet clinics in your area. The local SPCA or Humane Society web sites should have some info on veterinary care assistance.