An Update on the baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

Im doing ok. Im trying my best to do ok at least. Ambers sister came over and made me eat so Im feeling a little better. Ambers mom had asked me when was the last time I ate and I couldnt remember so they sent Beth here to attack me with food. Im still in shock I cant believe this is really happening. She didnt deserve for this to happen to her. She didnt do anything wrong.
We all feel the same way John. It's so difficult for us to be so far away from you!
is the best I can do for you!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatlessGoatMan

Im doing ok. Im trying my best to do ok at least. Ambers sister came over and made me eat so Im feeling a little better. Ambers mom had asked me when was the last time I ate and I couldnt remember so they sent Beth here to attack me with food. Im still in shock I cant believe this is really happening. She didnt deserve for this to happen to her. She didnt do anything wrong.
I'm glad to hear that you ate something- you have to stay strong for Kaelyn. I know we're all so far away, but we all still feel so close to you, we're here for you, always!

Amber didn't deserve this to happen, but she left you with a part of herself, that sweet baby needs you more than ever

Keeping you in my prayers.

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vibes and prayers for Kaelyn!!
John, I have had two preemies. My first one was a month early (like Kaelyn) but she weighed less and yes she also lost weight.
My second was 2.5 months early and weighed just 3.6 lbs. He went through alot physically. Breathing problems, feeding problems.....you name it -he had it. It was a tough time and very scary. But medicine has progessed even more these days for preemies and I have great faith that all will be well.
BTW...my daughter is a college grad (all by herself
)
And my teeny tiny preemie boy just turned 21 on New Years Eve...all 6'2' of him!!!!
Your little girl will be ok! Girls really are tougher!

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Kaelyn has been in my thoughts and will continue to be. I know she can pull through this!

You are in my thoughts, and I hope all the legal issues get sorted out so that Kaelyn goes home with you. You are such a good man to care so much. Bless you.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tons of {{{{vibes}}}} for you, Kaelyn, and Amber's family.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sending massive vibes ur way {{{{{healing vibes}}}}}, Kaelyn is a very strong little girl, she will pull through this, you, kaelyn, and Ambers family are all in my prayers

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, the baby is going to be just FINE! This is all fairly normal preemie stuff, and as others have mentioned, it's common for newborns to drop a lb. or a few ounces immediately before their weight starts to increase steadily. A lot of preemies are on ventilators too...as far as the pee thing goes, the cathetar will help (although may put her at risk to a bladder infection...also common with cathetarized infants), and all of her systems will grow stronger and more independent in the next few days, and weeks.

Glad to hear you ate something...try to sleep, and eat a bit more, even if it's something bland, like toast or some oatmeal. You need to take care of yourself...stay strong and healthy for you, and for little Kaelyn.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i have nothing more to add then what others have said,
I am still keeping both of you in my nightly conversations with god.
the bady will be ok i am sure

abk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Like everyone else has said, it's normal for babies to lose a little weight after they are born... my little one was around a pound a half when she was born and dropped down to 1 lb 3 oz and she's still here. It's definitly scary to see them so small and fragile but believe me, they are stronger than they look. Stay strong. Prayers and vibes for you and Kaelyn.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still sending prayers and hugs from Mississippi for you and for Kaelyn, remember that there are lots of people here that are behind you.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John, I know it seems so scary right now for you, because you feel so helpless and lost.

Believe me, there have been reports that they have saved preemies of 2 pounds or less. It just takes a while because their systems are not ready for the world yet and there has to be some medical intervention.

Little Kaelyn strikes me as a fighter. She will not give up. You can not either. I know it all seems so unfair, but that has to wait until Kaelyn can be on her own without the medical stuff.

John, I know this probably sounds trite, but we will support you the very best we can, even long distance, for as long as it takes and no matter what happens. Please believe us, we don't leave our own lost and alone.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TCS vibes are amazing, and I'm adding mine to this thread thought-chain - that little darling girl WILL be just fine, she's just adjusting to living in this world instead of inside her mommy's tummy. If she's anything like Amber was (and we know she is) she's a little fighter full of spirit.

Lots of love going out to both of you!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

TCS vibes are amazing, and I'm adding mine to this thread thought-chain - that little darling girl WILL be just fine, she's just adjusting to living in this world instead of inside her mommy's tummy. If she's anything like Amber was (and we know she is) she's a little fighter full of spirit.

Lots of love going out to both of you!
Betsy said it well

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lord,

please send your angels to watch over John and Kaelyn. Please help John to remain strong in the wake of great grief and sadness. Please help Kaelyn to grow strong and healthy and for her to get to go home with her daddy John and please lord take good care of our beloved angel, Amber.

In your name I pray, Amen.

John, I will continue to pray for you and Kaelyn. Remain strong and keep faith that Kaelyn will grow nice and strong. Take care of yourself.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Lord,

please send your angels to watch over John and Kaelyn. Please help John to remain strong in the wake of great grief and sadness. Please help Kaelyn to grown strong and healthy and for her to get to go home with her daddy John and please lord take good care of our beloved angel, Amber.

In your name I pray, Amen.

John, I will continue to pray for you and Kaelyn. Remain strong and keep faith that Kaelyn will grow nice and strong. Take care of yourself.
What a lovely prayer.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad that you have Amber's family to look out for you and make sure that you eat. You need to keep your strength up right now because Kaelyn needs you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Lava Girl and Amber's family!

sandtigress

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm praying for you and little Kaelyn as well. Don't think of this whole thing as punishment for anyone - Amber was called home because it was her time, no matter how much we don't understand why now, when she was so young. And I believe she left knowing that everything would be okay, that you would be able to take care of little Kaelyn, and that she would be watching over the two of you from a place where perhaps she can do more good for you than if she were physically present with you.

There are going to be tough times ahead before things get easier, I know, but we're here for you and the baby, and so is Amber, even though we can't see her. You are in my prayers always.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is a song lyric quote that I think is quite appropriate for this situation.....

they say I must be one of the wonders
of god's own creation
and as far as they see they can offer
no explanation

I believe
fate smiled and destiny
laughed as she came to my cradle
"know this child will be able"
laughed as my body she lifted
"know this child will be gifted
with love, with patience
and with faith
she'll make her way"

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

Here is a song lyric quote that I think is quite appropriate for this situation.....

they say I must be one of the wonders
of god's own creation
and as far as the can see they can offer
no explanation

I believe
fate smiled and destiny
laughed as she came to my cradle
"know this child will be able"
laughed as my body she lifted
"know this child will be gifted
with love, with patience
and with faith