An "overabundance" of graphics?

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to see everyone is making an effort. My signature image says Temp unavailale at the moment and it's taking up alot of space. What should I do?

Thanks.

Sam

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you just need it sized down and don't have a program to do it, you're welcome to send it to me and I'll take care of it. then I'll ship it back so you can put it back up on your website.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Jenn!

Thanks. I know how to re-size etc etc. BUT Lizza did my Graphic for me and it seems a few grahics she has made have got the same message, Problem fixed I cut it out
, I will host the picture onto my site and then re-size it.

Thanks anyway!

Sam.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I didn't have the flu, I would be sending you lots of cyber
's BUT seeing as I do a (HUG) will have to do!

Thanks Jenn!.. for keeping me company[
] today!

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Anytime.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program of overabundance of graphics.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I agree - though I'm on dial-up, sometimes it's kind of annoying to wait so long for pics to fill in, but file size doesn't bother me as much as having to scroll down through long signature file pics.

But I need HELP! When I click on "properties" of the pics in my sig, it only comes up with pixels... is this because I link to the pics in imagestation? But however large they are, they still take time to load, right?

BTW - like I said I'm on dial-up, and I don't seem to have a problem with the pics in my sig loading too slowly... but I don't know what others experience. I just read through this whole thread, and I can't seem to figure out if we worked out an image size or not (in terms of pixels).

?????? My sig's not too big, is it?

The www.savesamoa.org logo is 264 wide x 60 high, and the feral banner is 149 wide x 60 high.

Laurie

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie, your Save Samoa graphic is 6163 bytes (6 KB) and the feral banner is 3580 bytes (3.5 KB). When you go into properties, the size of the graphic is found right above the pixel dimensions.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It usually is! For some reason, when I click on those pics, all it shows me is the link location and the pixel size. Weird! But thanks, Heidi!

dtolle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laurie,

Just take the pixel size and convert it. 6500 pixels are 6.5 KB.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
umm..this is sorta about the same subject....
I added a photo to my signature today since I just found out how thanks to a few friendly members....BUT....it seems to have made every posting longer in length where the posting isnt stopping at the end of the signature like it should....there is a long blank space...can u help me get rid of that?? Thanks

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Go back to User Cp and edit profile. At the very end of you signature, there probably is some spaces...so just hold down the delete key for 15 seconds. That way it will erase all of those spaces. I'm not sure if that is the problem, but that is what first came to my mind.

gothic_amethyst

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Me too! I was afraid I was gonna have to just delete my photo...and I was all happy that (thanks 2 u) I had finally figured out how to post one in my sig!!
"Shell the Signature savior"
Ok nevermind..lol.