An interesting quiz

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miss Mew

I got 5 right..not too bad for a Canuk!
I'm a Canuk too, but I only got 3 right.

I really do watch the news, but I can't seem to remember names, places and numbers. I don't know if I would be any better with a Canadian quiz!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Half of them right, not bad for guessing some and being Canadian!
I'm not sure of which ones I actually got wrong though.
Can anyone tell me the number of women in the Supreme Court?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 4 correct. I don't watch the news at all, unless it's for a weather report or if someone I know is featured (usually for doing something wrong, BTW). I read that not watching the news makes you a happier person, and surprise, it works!
I used to be a complete CNN junkie, but now I'm blissfully in the dark.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got 4 correct. I don't watch the news at all, unless it's for a weather report or if someone I know is featured (usually for doing something wrong, BTW). I read that not watching the news makes you a happier person, and surprise, it works!
I used to be a complete CNN junkie, but now I'm blissfully in the dark.

But, wow! The Canadians are doing great! There are some smart people up in Canada, as I suspected!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pookie-poo

I missed two. I never really pay much attention to the news....it's always bad, and I don't feel like there's anything I can do about it anyway.
same here... so 10 out of 12 is surprising more people did not get that many correct

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I got all 12, but on a couple had it narrowed down to 2 and just guessed right. If I was answering questions about most other countries I'd be lucky to get any.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got all 12 right, but I guessed on a couple and got lucky. For example, I have nooo idea what the DOW average is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by pushylady

Half of them right, not bad for guessing some and being Canadian!
I'm not sure of which ones I actually got wrong though.
Can anyone tell me the number of women in the Supreme Court?
Two, both liberals. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who has been having health issues (pancreatic cancer), and Sonia Sotomayor, just appointed and confirmed last year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

I got all 12 right, but I guessed on a couple and got lucky. For example, I have nooo idea what the DOW average is.
Hovering in the 10,000 range. It was below 6,500 last March, and it got its highest in January when it got in the 10,700 range.

The Dow Jones average is the price of 30 premium stocks, usually the largest companies in their field, in dollars. So, in theory, if you bought one share of those 30 stocks, you'd be at $10,000. But it doesn't work out exactly that way, since the stocks occasionally are dropped or added, and their is a complicated formula to allow for spits, etc.

Companies like AT&T, Coca Cola, IBM, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, McDonald's, Kraft Foods, Caterpillar, and Johnson & Johnson are included in the Dow 30.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Hovering in the 10,000 range. It was below 6,500 last March, and it got its highest in January when it got in the 10,700 range.

The Dow Jones average is the price of 30 premium stocks, usually the largest companies in their field, in dollars. So, in theory, if you bought one share of those 30 stocks, you'd be at $10,000. But it doesn't work out exactly that way, since the stocks occasionally are dropped or added, and their is a complicated formula to allow for spits, etc.

Companies like AT&T, Coca Cola, IBM, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, McDonald's, Kraft Foods, Caterpillar, and Johnson & Johnson are included in the Dow 30.
I have no stock investments, so I don't pay any attention to what it is at any given time.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

Two, both liberals. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who has been having health issues (pancreatic cancer), and Sonia Sotomayor, just appointed and confirmed last year.
See, I thought Ruth Bader Ginsburg retired because of her health problems so I put "one" as my answer.

I got 7 right. Beter than 66% of respondants, evidently. The others I missed were the filibuster one, the one about the shoe bomber, Dow Jones, and the one about the Republican National Committee chairperson. Although I guessed on most of them. The only one I knew for sure was the one about Colbert, LOL.