an indelicate question...male cat sexual behavior

maxysmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
so, mr. kitty is about 1.5 years old, neutered about 8 months ago at around 6-8 months old (not exactly sure of his age). he frequently Makes Himself Happy on fuzzy blankets - he grips with his teeth, suckles, and kneads. tonight, i flipped him over and noticed a wet spot near his penis. he's left spots after his Happy Time before.

so...is this like, cat ejaculate? should it go away as he gets older? i don't care about the humping/suckling/kneading behavior, but the wet spots are an annoyance. our previous kitty had similar behaviors (he was neutered later, around 10 months), but he never had wet spots after.

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry to tell you that if he's still willing and able to Make Himself Happy  to the point of ejaculating,  and he was neutered 8 months ago,  there's no telling when he will stop it.    If he had just been neutered within the past month  it would be more likely it was just temporary.

Now it might last just during his adolescent phase . but it could last  a lot longer.    I think it is rather unusual especially since he was neutered by 6 or 8 months.   I would guess it was closer to 8.

I had a cat who was neutered as an adult about 2 years old just before i adopted him.  and was basically in denial.  He remained interested in sex for  years.   He had a great time when a family member's young cat went in heat for the first time.  But she  got spayed and on future visits she insisted on only a platonic friendship.  

So he had long torrid affairs with a stuffed animal and an old blanket... and yes he did  leave wet spots.     I had not known a neutered cat who did that.  I asked the vet who said it does happen  occasionally , not often.    it is just the fluid with some amino acids and fructose in it that would nourish the sperm -- if there were any sperm.   Fortunately it didn't have much odor . it was a lot better than if he  had sprayed urine!

Fortunately we did get him to confine his attentions to those two items.   We basically let him have his fun if he used that and did it  in private   . but stopped him if he started on something else.   He was a very smart cat and he learned quickly.

I know you are not going to be pleased to hear that this sex machine of a neutered cat kept doing this for YEARS.   Well,  he did do it less often as he got older, but he only totally stopped when he got diabetes at age 9!     If he hadn't had diabetes  who knows ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maxysmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
haha! love it. he's very good confining his untoward advances to blankets (located near us, of course). max and our last guy were the only male cats i've ever seen hump anything. it's a very odd behavior, indeed. we figure, if it makes him happy and doesn't hurt anything(one), it's fine. who knows what he'd do around another cat, though! i do plan on asking our vet next time we take him in, though. now that's a fun subject!

meanwhile, i'm hoping it's just part of the teenage years. he's def gotten more aggressive in the last couple months, more play biting and scratching.