Amputate or Euthanize? ???? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would do the amputation, but do whats best for the cat i hope he gets better

one of my RB cats broke his knee and he was around 16yr old at the time my mom told them to fix it he lived for 5 years after that he passed away in 09

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kymmy1111

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

So I brought my baby to his vet who I respect and trust. After a long conversation, we talked about the complications and etc. and she thought he would be better off to be put to sleep. I bawled my eyes off and decided she was right. Knowing my kitty, and knowing how much he HATES being stuck inside, I knew it would be torchure for him to become soley an indoor cat. I think I made the right decision for Tiggy. Although I am hurting very much today, I know he is in a happy place, hopefully running and playing outside as a young healthy cat. This photo was taken a few years ago before he was sick. Such a handsome guy.

thank you for all your responses. I was really hoping I could have done the amputation for him, but it was more selfish on my part in our circumstances.

Thanks again

Kim

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful smile he had!

I know this doesn't console you much right now, but you knew your boy better than anyone and it sounds like you and your vet made the best decision for your boy as an individual. I know your heart is breaking.

tulosai

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
thank you for all your responses. I was really hoping I could have done the amputation for him, but it was more selfish on my part in our circumstances.

Thanks again

Kim
Aww I really admire you for being able to make the best decision for your gorgeous kitty.  I know how hard this was for you and am awfully sorry for your pain now. I do think he is in a better place, bounding around like a happy kitten :)

runekeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww, such a beautiful boy. I'm so sorry that you had to let him go; I know most folks here suggested amputation (I was going to do the same), but no one but you can know for sure what is the right choice for your cat, and as long as you acted in his best interests, I don't think it's possible to make a wrong choice. Sixteen years old is a nice long life for a kitty, one that he may not have had with another human. Obviously he was loved and well cared for.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry. You made the ultimate sacrifice for your cat in making the decision to let him go. When you feel up to it, you might want to post a tribute in our Crossing the Bridge Forum. When you do that our members can offer their support to you in your loss. I am going to lock this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.