American Idol starts tonight!!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just listening I am reminded of the old "Gong Show" and wishing they did have a gong.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

All I can say about tonight's (and last nights, in fact) is OMG!!!!!!!!!
DH and I only watch the auditions....they're hilarious!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only watched lastnights thus far, but tonights is sitting in my Tivo. I can already tell that I am going to laugh my butt off when we watch it tomorrow night.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... that was like watching it all over again... painfull! LOL Actually we did alot of flipping it was so bad. For the first hour we also watched Armed & Famous which takes place where my fiance went to college and for the 2nd hour we were also watching Myth Busters Pirate Myths! Which rocked!
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I liked the girl who sang "Hips Don't Lie" for her second song...I just liked her personality.
She was cool... reminded me of a very young Charro but I bet she doesn't know who that is. Guichi Guichi Guichi!

Originally Posted by katiemae1277

is she wearing a bra?!?
No, and I swear I was temporarily blind! So wrong! Even mom had a bra on... but no... maybe she though it was part of her sex appeal. LOL

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Awwwww, little doggie woggie.....

Someone should tell her she is NOT a size 6!
Did anyone else notice that she didn't have any shoulders? She kind of looked like a cartoon.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Why are they letting him go on so long? SHOOOOOOOT ME!!
Sometimes I wish they would stop them sooner... but I think they're too speachless to say anything... or laughing too hard.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love AI but I think that it's time they change their audition formula.
It doesn't seem and fresh and funny as in the earlier seasons.
Maybe a mix of the potential contestants, their histories, tales of the judges or crew, with only the best of the really goofy ones.

Where is William Hung when you need him?

I hope that they discover some great singers....
They sure did not like Seattle.

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The past 2 nights of singers were just plain AWFUL!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know where they are going next? Wherever it is, I sure hope they have people who can actually sing!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All I can say about last night's show is that I am still having trouble trying to close my mouth from having it drop open in shock and pure disgust.

And the "singing" is even worse!

OMG - that white haired one with no bra
don't these people ever look in a mirror??

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Theu are going to Memphis next!! Oprah had simon on her show via satellite yesterday and he mentioned they get better singers in the south. He mentioned that there are 2-3 girls that are good but need some confidence building and something about one male too. He also said the Hollywood audtions didn't go very well either as most people watch the show and understand the implications of either winning or doing well so many were nervous.
That last guy "Red" orginally from Wisconsin gives my state a bad rep!! That due was just to odd!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was bother by the fact that some of the people were obviously mentally challenged in some way, yet they were made to look foolish.
Is that what we want as entertainment?

I have a rip roaring sense of humor and have loved some of the funny/bad auditions in the past but last nights group seemed sad rather than funny to me.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You mention impairments and I have to agree. There was one kid (and this isn't meant to be mean... I thought it was cute) how was friends with the "bush baby". The big kid w/ a kind os squeeky voice. He sang a patriotic song and all I could think was that he sounded alot like Cartman from South Park.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

You mention impairments and I have to agree. There was one kid (and this isn't meant to be mean... I thought it was cute) how was friends with the "bush baby". The big kid w/ a kind os squeeky voice. He sang a patriotic song and all I could think was that he sounded alot like Cartman from South Park.
OMG - I thought of Cartman just looking at him!

I agree with you guys - it does seem that they are much more mean this year, picking on those that obviously aren't all there, through no fault of their own.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed the whole damn show!!!!!

I wound up helping my daughter study for her midterms and missed the whole thing. Do any of you guys know if they are replaying it this week?
It was like torture. My younger daughter had it on in the other room and we kept catching "glimpses" of things, but I missed it!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

I missed the whole damn show!!!!!

I wound up helping my daughter study for her midterms and missed the whole thing. Do any of you guys know if they are replaying it this week?
It was like torture. My younger daughter had it on in the other room and we kept catching "glimpses" of things, but I missed it!!!
Maybe if you go to the FOX website, and on their TV shedule link- they might have it on a re-run, but that'll be your best place to check