American Idol 3

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Is anyone else watching American Idol this year?

I had not watched it at all the last 2 years - just tuned in to the very end of last year's last show, to see who won. But somehow I watched it once this year, and I am now hooked!!

I can't believe that Diana was in the bottom 3 this week. Also, I just don't understand why everyone is loving Jon Peter Lewis so much - I know he is charismatic, but I don't think his voice is nearly as good as most of the others...

Anyone else watching?

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand the Jon thing either.

I love George, he is my fav. overall, his singing does connect as Simon the
jerk says. I like Jasmine, and John I like as a unique artist. Latoya I like but I doubt I would buy her album.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't watch the singing portion this week (Earl decided that hockey was more important, and since I love the Avs too I didn't protest too much....), but I was surprised about Diana too. So far, I think she's my favorite. I don't know if she'll go all the way, but she should be in the final 4, IMO.

I can't say I was disappointed with Matt being eliminated this week, but I think Camille is worse overall than he was.

And I SO agree with you on JPL. I don't like his performances at all. I just don't see it with him, what people like that much about him.

nora

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I could not believe Diana was in the bottom three. I thought Jasmine and John were not good at all this week.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I missed it!!!! Agh!!!

I am suprised to hear that Jasmine didn't do well. She has been a favorite so far, hmmm, wonder what happened to her this week???

Oh well, I will catch it next week...

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jasmine didn't do well and on one end I get annoyed that they get such praise and then get ripped. But then again...this is the music biz and cruel as hell so they should get used to it. Like Fantasia, who I think was overrated, getting so upset cause Simon said her clothes looked old. She made an idiot out of herself. I mean she probably thought she was above reproach.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guts tells me the two who have careers out of this, are the red haired John...cause some people just LOVE him. And George. I think Latoya may get some play and Fantasia, but I think they will fizzle out. They don't have the personality as far as I see. I mean Latoya is mature and gorgeous but I just don't see the staying power. And I think Fantasia will shoot herself in the foot.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any thoughts on last night? I am now mostly a George fan. I get bored with the rest, although I admit I still watch so what a hypocrite am I!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
who got cut? I missed it to take a client call----

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy got cut, the one with the pink hair. I thought she was talented but I could tell she didn't connect with people much.

The shocker was LaToya was in the bottom three. But I think she will be around for awhile but I don't think she excites people. I mean she's gorgeous and talented but not unique really. So I think she will be gone within a few weeks actually.

suzy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was really surprised by everyone in the bottom three - I thought it should have been Camille, John Stevens, and Jon Peter Lewis. I really liked Amy - she was great on country week.

I think LaToya, Fantasia, and George are the three strongest finalists - I also think Diana is really good, but she falters a little more often than the other three. Could just be because she is pretty young...

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OK, so tonight was the big Finale!

They've all but signed the contract with Fantasia...

Honestly, with the exception of Fantasia's Summertime (that girl should be singing JAZZ!) I wasn't terribly impressed with either of them. I thought they both massacred the original song, and so did Earl.

marge

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really care who wins, I mean I see the appeal of Fantasia, but I don't see myself listening to her after the show. I mean yes she should do jazz but she still doesn't do it for me much. Diana is talented but same thing.

spotz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think we should add a poll and see what our members think.

Fantasia or Diana?

Spotz