American Idol 2010

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It premiers tomorrow night. Who plans on watching it this year?

I don't know if I will or not, after last year's joke of a finale.
I wouldn't have been so disappointed if maybe Allison would have beat Adam out, but Kris Allen over Adam? C'mon!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I generally enjoy watching shows like american idol, but I really don't have the patience to watch more than a few episodes

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes I will watch it if nothing else is on, and some people are amazing, but the shows leading up to the good people are usually really boring to me.

It's full of people who want 5 minutes of fame that aren't talented at all.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I think the opening shows where they are weeding out people are just hilarious! Yeah, they want those 15 minutes and they get it...and make a fool out of themselves in the process. I DO feel bad for the people that really do think they can sing (seriously) and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket if you nailed a lid on it. Of course, I'm one to talk...that's how I sing but I KNOW it, and I'm NOT auditioning for AI!

troant

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i LOVE american idol!!! but here, we only see the episode you just saw, a week later so i dont think i will be reading this thread again or i will know what is going on!!

and i agree, adam should have totally won!!

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

Oh, I think the opening shows where they are weeding out people are just hilarious! Yeah, they want those 15 minutes and they get it...and make a fool out of themselves in the process. I DO feel bad for the people that really do think they can sing (seriously) and couldn't carry a tune in a bucket if you nailed a lid on it. Of course, I'm one to talk...that's how I sing but I KNOW it, and I'm NOT auditioning for AI!
Singing for fun on your own is okay. I can't carry a tune in a bucket either but singing is just so relaxing and can relieve so much stress!!!

But I don't believe in intentionally publically humiliating yourself.
that takes ba...I mean guts.

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I too cannot sing at all. I avoid being heard singing at all costs. I play piano and clarinet, most people who play instruments if not gifted with a good voice can at least make out the melody but not me lol I am sooo terrible..sometimes if I try really hard I can somewhat make it out but it's nowhere near pleasant, but I can see how people delude themselves into believing they are good. I mean, in their head it probably sounds good..

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be watching, it's a nice change from the crap that's on TV lately. Usually other programs try to stay away from the time AI is televised since AI always wins out over other shows. I have been a fan since the second season and I get a laugh out of some of those no-talent people who actually think they can sing

Never was a Paula Abdul fan so won't miss her but I don't like Kara either but now we have Ellen later in the season. Unfortunately Simon says this will be his last year with Idol, no one seems to know if the show can go on without him. All in all, I am looking forward to this 9th season.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's Simon's last season...
if I can stand it, I'll be watching.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Kris Allen over Adam? C'mon!!"

I was shocked too, that time America really lost their minds in the voting. Adam Lambert was by far the best singer of the lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LaRussa

"Kris Allen over Adam? C'mon!!"

I was shocked too, that time America really lost their minds in the voting. Adam Lambert was by far the best singer of the lot.
Have you heard his new CD? All I can say is "WOW!!"
My favorite track is Fever. Listening to Adam sing gives ME a fever!
There's just noooo way you can hold still when listening to that song! It wouldn't be a good idea to listen to it while driving, either.
That's an accident waiting to happen.

I agree about the contestants who think they can sing, but have no talent at all. Maybe they just wanna be on TV.
Watching the show in the very beginning is good for a laugh, anyway.

I can't sing a tune to save my life either, but I KNOW it. Even my poor furkids run when I start singing.
But I still sing along when I'm listening to my music: I just make sure no one's around when I'm doing so.

I don't know why so many peeps dislike Paula. I think she's sweet. I can't imagine the show w/o Simon, either. He can be a real jerk sometimes, but he's honest (painfully sometimes). I hate to admit it, but I'll actually miss him.

I personally don't think that the show will ever be able to find someone who has as much talent as Adam. He's the all-time AI winner, IMO.