American Curl

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mount Ophir

No, I mean your ACs.
I do know there was lilac & chocolate in my line, but not sure whether the gene still around. Believe from Balinese line.

Is Bookie an AC? Love to see more photos of your ACs.
My curls were registered with TICA, CFF, CFA, ACFA, and AACE. I would hope there is no deliberate use of Balinese or any other breed with the American Curl - I am firmly against all the hybrids being created with this breed.

Bookie is a domestic...best quess, half himalayan and half siamese. As I said, I never meant to begin an American Curl breeding program with her.

The male used, Patriot's Jake was a seal lynx point carrying for chocolate - his mother was a grand-daughter of the very first American Curl - Shulamith, who was carrying herself, for colorpoint. Jake's sire was a tabby domestic outcross.

I'll email you the url for my american curl site (needs updating), it was at one time, pretty extensive, with a very decent faq about the breed, the best "firsts" of the breed list and many, many photos of my curls and those atop or descended from them.

mount ophir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

My curls were registered with TICA, CFF, CFA, ACFA, and AACE. I would hope there is no deliberate use of Balinese or any other breed with the American Curl - I am firmly against all the hybrids being created with this breed.

Bookie is a domestic...best quess, half himalayan and half siamese. As I said, I never meant to begin an American Curl breeding program with her.

The male used, Patriot's Jake was a seal lynx point carrying for chocolate - his mother was a grand-daughter of the very first American Curl - Shulamith, who was carrying herself, for colorpoint. Jake's sire was a tabby domestic outcross.

I'll email you the url for my american curl site (needs updating), it was at one time, pretty extensive, with a very decent faq about the breed, the best "firsts" of the breed list and many, many photos of my curls and those atop or descended from them.
Ahah, the cattery name did ring a bell.

My honour to know you. Indeed Mihit is a part of my pedigree.

I got to know about the balinese thingy through the breeder of my male, but not sure how true it is. Probably she just refering to your Bookie.

read about HC in your webpage, any idea about VC?

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

VC is a funny, funny flaw...I've seen beautiful ears come out of a dam with VC, and also had a gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous male, flip up a 3rd degree ear curl to about a 1st degree at the age of 14 plus weeks, because vc developed in that ear and forced the curl shape up (from a dam with one normal ear and 1 ear with vc).

I find it a less disturbing ear flaw as compared to HC, but in both cases, would prefer not to breed a cat with this flaw. No thoughts really on how this particular ear flaw is inherited.

mount ophir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you!

VC is a funny, funny flaw...I've seen beautiful ears come out of a dam with VC, and also had a gorgeous, and I mean gorgeous male, flip up a 3rd degree ear curl to about a 1st degree at the age of 14 plus weeks, because vc developed in that ear and forced the curl shape up (from a dam with one normal ear and 1 ear with vc).

I find it a less disturbing ear flaw as compared to HC, but in both cases, would prefer not to breed a cat with this flaw. No thoughts really on how this particular ear flaw is inherited.
Did you notice Baby Narnia in my webpage?

Her dam is a VC but she is a 2nd degree curl

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you notice Baby Narnia in my webpage?

Her dam is a VC but she is a 2nd degree curl
I did notice her ( I especially always notice any colorpoint curls). On my site, you would have seen, from my very first litter, Mervat. She had VC but did not produce it in her litter of 3 that included Pride and Joy - a lilac lynx point who was the sire of my Christopher Robbins ( my homozygous male who was something special).

mount ophir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mervat is one of Kisburger ancestor, and never forget Christopher Robbins, grandparent of 1st American Curl DM in CFA, Procurlharem Lauren Bacurl (sired by Mihit Gryphon)

The colourpoint gene still exist in all my existing litter and maybe lilac/chocolate

Baby Narnia has mated with Kisburger last month, will due on 15th January next year.

I'm hoping for some nice kittens from her.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Mervat is one of Kisburger ancestor, and never forget Christopher Robbins, grandparent of 1st American Curl DM in CFA, Procurlharem Lauren Bacurl (sired by Mihit Gryphon)

The colourpoint gene still exist all my existing litter and maybe lilac/chocolate

Baby Narnia has mated with Kisburger last month, will due on 15th January next year.

I'm hoping for some nice kittens from her.
I look forward to seeing photos of the kittens! Lauren is a gorgeous brown tabby - as is Alix P. Curl (aka Killashandra - a RW and Triple Grand Alter in TICA). Alix is very happy to be a retired show kitty

mount ophir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I look forward to seeing photos of the kittens! Lauren is a gorgeous brown tabby - as is Alix P. Curl (aka Killashandra - a RW and Triple Grand Alter in TICA). Alix is very happy to be a retired show kitty
P.Alix got a nice stripe as a mackerel

Will share with you when kittens are there. afterall you are their great,great, great, great, great, great, great.........grandma...LoL

I'm hoping for a colourpoint & white male reminiscence the mum and of course with some good qualities to pick up as my breeding male.

Just hoping no VC in the litter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

P.Alix got a nice stripe as a mackerel

Will share with you when kittens are there. afterall you are their great,great, great, great, great, great, great.........grandma...LoL

I'm hoping for a colourpoint & white male reminiscence the mum and of course with some good qualities to pick up as my breeding male.

Just hoping no VC in the litter
Hoping you get the male you are wishing for, and looking forward to seeing the kits.

mount ophir

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hoping you get the male you are wishing for, and looking forward to seeing the kits.
I have upload a photo of my seal tortie point kitty into my webpage under my "future king & queen".

She is a 1st degree, I believe due to the slight VC that have push up the curl.

Do give your precious comment on her, thanks.