Am looking to bring in a second kitten

JavierG

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My question is, I have an existing kitten that is 9 months old, ideally would bring in a new kitten while resident cat is still kitten. However there is lots happening in the house over the next few months. So was thinking to wait till September. Do you think waiting that long would make it more difficult to integrate a new kitten once resident cat matures past 12 months? Or should I do it now while resident cat is still kitten?

The reason for the conflict is, that mid April my Father in law is coming for a months, and will be staying in the guest room we would use for integrating purposes. So if I brought in a kitten now Integration would need to be done in like 3 weeks

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
When you are dealing with kittens the age of yours, the chances are excellent that in three weeks they will be fully introduced and likely the best of friends. I would go ahead with your adoption. But if you decide to wait, a year old kitten is still extremely flexible and willing to have a new playmate in the house.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Kittens are so driven to play that introductions are generally VERY fast! Like, days or hours fast. And, if you are very brave, plopping them down in the same room and letting them have at it (with close supervision) fast. Just try to get a second kitten that is close to your current kitten in size.