Am I the only one?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a 6 pack of cola beer will last a week in my room, sometimes not even 2 days
But i had to quit it because its making me put on too much weight and my stomac bloating

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to drink a lot, but now it just makes my head hurt too much. Now I am usually the designated driver when I go out, so nobody bugs me about drinking. I will sometimes have a few at home, but not very often.

navdoc

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I do not drink either. When I was younger, 18-21, I responded to many DUI accidents while a member of the volunteer fire department. I have had to body bag a few people including a high school friend. During my 20 year Navy career, I have seen the results of people drinking and getting drunk, from fights, DUI's, divorces, and even sexually transmitted diseases that would probably have not occured if the parties involved were sober and made the appropriate choice to use protection preventing the spread of the disease. Upon telling a patient that he has HIV, he stated that if he only did not get drunk at that party and had unprotected sex with a girl he did not know. Now he has life altering event. So, over the years, I have deveolped a distaste for alcohol for the above reasons. I do not wish anything happening to me.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
I love a good drink. Before I knew how much my bod could handle I have got myself in a few messes before but now I usually know when to stop.
I think it goes with living with a student, I'm sort of living the student life.
I first got drunk when I was about 13, that was far too young. But I liked a drink all through my teens, now I only drink if I'm out, and even then not always, I don't mind driving.
I don't usually drink at home because I never stop at one glass and always regret it the next day.
I'm going out tomorrow night since I have Monday off work and I will be drinking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband is a firefighter/paramedic, and he has bagged up a few bodies himself. What a shame........only if they hadn't drank and drove........ I have nothing against anyone having a few drinks but please you guys, and I know I don't really have to say this, but it's the mother in me, please let someone else drive........your all too important to me!

Originally Posted by NavDoc

I do not drink either. When I was younger, 18-21, I responded to many DUI accidents while a member of the volunteer fire department. I have had to body bag a few people including a high school friend. During my 20 year Navy career, I have seen the results of people drinking and getting drunk, from fights, DUI's, divorces, and even sexually transmitted diseases that would probably have not occured if the parties involved were sober and made the appropriate choice to use protection preventing the spread of the disease. Upon telling a patient that he has HIV, he stated that if he only did not get drunk at that party and had unprotected sex with a girl he did not know. Now he has life altering event. So, over the years, I have deveolped a distaste for alcohol for the above reasons. I do not wish anything happening to me.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

a 6 pack of cola beer will last a week in my room, sometimes not even 2 days
But i had to quit it because its making me put on too much weight and my stomac bloating
Fran, what's a cola beer? I don't know what it is but it sounds yummy for some reason!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Fran, what's a cola beer? I don't know what it is but it sounds yummy for some reason!
Its beer mixed with cola, but here in germany they already prepare it in bottles and its much better than making it your self!

Its delicious!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not drink hardly at all, that being said, its not because I don't want to but I've been so busy with my first year of university and my 3 year old son that I really haven't had any oppertunity.

In 2005, I had a total of 3 cooler drinks. I've already had 1 this year.

I think it is nice to be able to have a drink with a couple of friends once in a while.

I'm surprised I haven't drank more because there is a lot of pressure from people at school to drink ( I hang out with the older, non-drinking people) from the people my own age. I get really tempted some times but then I remember my responsiblities and that is what keeps me grounded.

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I feel like a "oddball" now
J/K....I dont drink every night, or every wekend for that matter~but I will say that when I drink(most the time) I drink to get drunk.....Thats just me though. And like I said I dont do it ALL the time, just on occasion.
But then theres times where I will only have like one drink and I am done, or it makes me sleepy.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

Its beer mixed with cola, but here in germany they already prepare it in bottles and its much better than making it your self!

Its delicious!
Is it something you can only get there, or do you think we might have it here, imported? If not, how would one go about making it themselves? *goes to store and buys beer and cola*

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't had a drink today! I don't know, during the week I drink nearly every day (1 or 2 in the evening) but not to be drunk, and then at weekend I like to get smashed. Though last Halloween I passed out on someone's sidewalk and got a concussion and haven't been able to talk right since, so I usually stop a little earlier than I used to.

I don't think there's anything wrong with not drinking though, and I've never met anyone who would make fun or think someone's weird for not drinking. My parents were like you guys, they'd buy a 24 pack of stones or something and then it'd be there a year later.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I enjoy a glass of wine on the weekend or sometimes when we go out to eat. Will enjoys beer more and once a week or so will pick up a six pack, and I will have a glass of beer, I must have ice in my beer though!
I enjoy one or two drinks and that's my limit for the night.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually don't drink either..I don't really like the taste of alcohol unless its a daquiri or a brown cow or something..I don't much like the feeling of being hung over either

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I rarely drink anything. If I do, it's mixing a little wine with a lot of juice or soda! I'd just rather know I'm in control of myself. I've never been drunk, and I don't condem anyone for drinking either. I just don't trust myself I guess!

kittypaw1018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I drank when I was 20 but I stopped at 21 as I got drunk once with three rum and cokes and it made me feel awful and after that beer upset my stomach too much.

I have diabetes and depression and I'm on medications so alcohol is not a good thing. I stick with diet pop, juices, water.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I drink very rarely. I didn't drink at all socially until after I was 21 (22 now
, but my parents wanted me to be "cultured" so I was given a sip of wine or beer or whathave you) and of course now if I go to a bar and DON'T want to drink I STILL get carded. Hmmph.

Anyway, I had the taste of beer and most wines, so I prefer mixed drinks if I have them, and that's only on a really special occasion. So if you'd asked this question a year ago, my answer would have no, I don't drink, but now, I do on occasion.

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I drink. And I drink about once or twice a week. And it's usually to get drunk. lol.

I dont like much beer..but Im a big "fruity" drink kind of girl. Especially Long Island Ice teas. MMMmmm....The only beer I drink is corona. And that's because for some reason, I just LOVE it.

Around here, There's alot of drinking...all the time. It's wisconsin, come on now. lol.

I dont get out much, I have a two year old daughter, and 3 jobs and when I do get to drink (when there's no work, and no daughter), I have a blast.

And I agree with the pizza and beer thing someone said. It's just how it supposed to be. lol.

So anyway, to sum it up. I drink, and I like it. yum.