Am I the only one?

eupnea

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In light of recent events (giving out my phone number to someone and having them call me every hour on the hour for 3 days) I am sooo glad to have my caller ID.

Also I just have those nights where I don't feel like chatting, and I can ignore people who tend to call just to shoot the breeze.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

Don't have caller ID. I rarely answer the phone and if it is someone I want to talk to then they leave a message and I call back. Or else I pick up when they start speaking
Same here.

I return junk mail in the postage paid envelopes. For telemarketers, I either hang up on them, ask them to put me on their no call list, or just ask them to "hold" and I put the phone down for 5-10 minutes. Depends on my mood that day.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hydroaxe

I don't have call display. If I get a telemarketer on the other end I hang up so fast that it's not even funny.
Wyan can i have your number? so i can pretend to be a fwan telemarketer?

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I like giving telemarketers a hard time. Like let them get through their whole spiel and ask them a bunch of questions and let them talk for about 5 or 10 minutes and then tell them I am not interested!!
My father is so funny when it comes to telemarketers. He answers the phone with hello, then puts the phone down while they talk and talk and talk and he walks away...
. It's so funny! And every now and then he'll pick it back up and say "I'm sorry, I missed that last part, could you repeat that" then puts it down again. They eventually realize they are talking to themselves and just hang up!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love my call display! John's mother (to put it nicely, I dislike her!) so whenever she calls and I don't feel like talking, at least I know its her so I don't pick up the phone!