Am I the only one?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I guess there weren't enough options on the poll...
Although if you CAN cook, consider yourself a domestic genius.

mferr84

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Oh, how I wish we we neighbors! I could trade litter box chores for cooking! I am just sick and tired of cooking! And the cleanup after is even worse! I have basically taken the summer off, and just cook quick stuff on the grill. I'm sure the family will be ready for real meals here when the weather cools off.

I didn't vote, because I can cook, but really don't like to anymore! I'm not either a great cook, or a terrible cook, just average.
i would trade chores in a heartbeat

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I love to cook and i am pretty darn good at it! I like to expeirement...

Steve is a good willing tester..and he is honest
Hmm pretty much what I said
Maybe we could have a cook off for a CAT
JK

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ScamperFarms

I love to cook and i am pretty darn good at it! I like to expeirement...

Steve is a good willing tester..and he is honest
Hmmm...that sounds like our house! Rob's face lights up when I tell him he's about to be a guinea pig. Fortunately, he's not a picky eater, so I can play to my heart's content, and all I need to do is produce something edible -- which is usually not that much of a challenge. His stock line used to be "You can do THAT again!"

I put together a little book of our favourites for my niece (at her request) a few years ago, and that's what I called it.
Now whenever something new pleases him, he asks, "Is it in the book?" If I ever get around to doing the promised volume 2, that's going to be its title.

But that's the savouries. I can bake, too, and do desserts, but it's not as much fun for me, because I'd rather fly by the seat of my pants than follow a recipe. He does get his waffles and scones on the weekend, though -- those I can play with a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Hmmm...that sounds like our house! Rob's face lights up when I tell him he's about to be a guinea pig. Fortunately, he's not a picky eater, so I can play to my heart's content, and all I need to do is produce something edible -- which is usually not that much of a challenge. His stock line used to be "You can do THAT again!"

I put together a little book of our favourites for my niece (at her request) a few years ago, and that's what I called it.
Now whenever something new pleases him, he asks, "Is it in the book?" If I ever get around to doing the promised volume 2, that's going to be its title.

But that's the savouries. I can bake, too, and do desserts, but it's not as much fun for me, because I'd rather fly by the seat of my pants than follow a recipe. He does get his waffles and scones on the weekend, though -- those I can play with a bit.
Hey Fran, when are you having me over for dinner?!?

Actually, when I bake I usually just do my own thing. The recipe always varies from the original, not to mention my oven has a mind of its own, so we've developed a "relationship" of sorts when it comes to baking.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

Hey Fran, when are you having me over for dinner?!?
It's a big Caesar Salad with Garlic Prawns tonight. There's lots -- wanna come?

Actually, when I bake I usually just do my own thing. The recipe always varies from the original, not to mention my oven has a mind of its own, so we've developed a "relationship" of sorts when it comes to baking.
Now, there, you see? Your strong suit is the baking! We can't all do everything well! And if you can do your own thing in the baking, my hat's off to you! There I chicken out for the most part and just use the recipe.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to like to cook, and I always thought I was pretty good at it. But now, Earl has determined that he's a better cook, so he just does the cooking so I don't have to deal with it. Except for the big dinners, especially turkey. That he won't touch - even though it's so easy I think the cats could probably do it!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's in a bag I can make it. Other then that I burn it. I've managed to set a bag of popcorn on fire!! haha.. funny now not then

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can cook very well when I feel well enough .... Baking call the fire dept...lmao

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do really well most of the time and will ventrue to make things I have never made before. I am willing to experiment with some meals and most turn out great. Some on the other hand end up all tasting the same. You use the same spices and it all tastes like it! I do mess up the occasional meal though, and when I do I really mess it up!!!

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i USE TO LOVE TO COOK AND i WAS VERY GOOD AT IIT. hAVING HAD MY STOMACH STAPLED KILLED MY APPITITE AND WITH IT ANY REAL DESIRE TO COOK.

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vespacat

To put it bluntly, I really suck at cooking anything.
Unless it's microwavable or easy to prepare, forget about it!

Anyone else here burn pre-cooked packaged goods in the oven consistently?

Funny thing is, I'm actually a GREAT baker! I can bake all kinds of desserts from scratch.
I HAVE cooked and I HAVE baked and it turned out OK but since there is only me now I only eat out of packages.

ricalynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by binkyhoo

Microwave popcorn can be such a challange. I am getting used to eating the dark brown kernels.
yeah, I know.
My friend Scott had a roommate that actually put micro-popcorn in the OVEN.
Smoke alarm was going off forever!!!

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I new a guy that put the popcorn in the nuke and set it for 30 mins, on purpose he thought that was what it was supposed to be. Only time I ever saw something in a nukelator actually catch on fire. And no that guy was not me.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted that I like to cook but my skills are sometimes questionable. Half the time after I've cooked something, I think what on earth was I thinking?!