Am I the only one

lilmrsb41

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
who has had nothing but bad luck with Littermaid litterboxes breaking down? I have had to return several of them because they have stopped working in the middle of cleaning the box. I am back to just a regular litterbox and using scoopable litter

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Everyone I know who has had them has given up on them.  They are fine if you have the money to replace them every time they break down, but even my catsitting clients who have plenty of money got tired of that.  Now they too just use scooping litter, although the still use the littermaid box.  It just doesn't do anything.  Secretly, as a cat sitter, I'd rather just dig the box than deal with those receptacles for the clumps and poops anyhow.  If you have money and want something fancy, I know there is one that is built into the home, uses some kind of washable pellets, and is actually flushable.  Google some and you can probably find it.

beckkahh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you considered a cat genie?

Its a self cleaning self flushing cat box. You should look at there website. I have had one for over a year now and it is great! Plus comes with a warrently and 24 hour customer support.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a friend who swears by the Cat Genie.  And I trust her; she has 2 cats and 5 human kids ages 7/8-2, she says it saves her a lot of time and energy!  It's something I'd be interested in purchasing someday. 

We had great luck with our first Littermaid.  It lasted 6 years or so.  My mother got one at the same time and it didn't last as long.  We replaced that one when the cord for the scooper part wouldn't retract all the way.  We replaced it with an upgraded one since we have 2 cats and they are good size kitties.  It lasted about 2 years but recently died.  We are now using 2 normal, deep boxes.  I miss that we were able to get by with just 1 box; but we immediately noticed they designated one bod for peeing and one for the poops.  The traditional style litter boxes also take up way less floor space in my little laundry closet.  I still have to watch when I transfer clothing around in there; but it's easier to step into the room now.  I don't think scooping takes any more time than dumping the tray from the littermaid.  We always used those several times before tossing the whole thing.