Am I the only one who...

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

I don't think any names are "weird"..perhaps different or unique. Weird implies something not nice to me.

I think people are just being creative and using the many different phonological possibilities in their creativity.
Weird doesn't imply something "not nice" to me though...to me weird is just unique.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just being clear, because it's really hard to tell with no tone of voice to go along with.

leli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

Cant forget Bob or Jane...i mean those are staples in plain naming history!
I really like Jane. It's my number 1 pick....I like Janie for a little girl.

Bob is my father's name, but I won't be naming a son that.

My bf is Greek, so traditionally names are passed down.....at least incorporated. The first boy should be the father's father's name (paternal grandfather), first born daughter paternal grandmother's name. Second born, maternal.....

For us, we'd probably name in some way after his grandmother, Maria, who had a big part in raising him....it would also work with my mother, since her name is Mary.

I've agreed that each kid should have at least one "greek name", so they'd get a name day, which is like a birthday. But they also need a name that wouldn't be too hard for teachers in school to pronounce....nothing with sounds that I can't make

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's name is Dorothy or Dorie, and my father's name is Raymond or Ray... so when they were planning me, Mom decided to name me Dorian Ray. Dorie and Ray. Get it?

Fortunately, my mom was still groggy from the anesthetic when they had to fill out my birth certificate, and my father saved me from that fate...

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I had children it was going to be: for a girl Laura Elizabeth or Nicole or Calliope. For a boy, Nicholas Robert.

I was supposed to be named Florence Ethel after my paternal grandmother. Although my mother was only 16 at the time, she filled out the birth certificate with a different name. My grandmother never forgave her ... I can never thank her enough.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of passing on names.. like as a second/middle name.

My dad was very upset when I didn't name my son after him

My next boy will most likely have James (my dad's name) or William (great grandpa's name) or Andrew (mother's sides male name) as a middle name.

My mom named me and the sister born closest to me after people in our family.

My middle name is Anna (maternal grandmother) and Margret (paternal grandmother)

Sisters middle names are Christie (maternal great aunt) Elizabeth (maternal aunt).

Anyways,

what do you all think of these spelling of Phoenix?

Phenix
Phenyx
Fenyx
Fenix
Phoenyx

Last edited:

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well... around here, "Fenix" means El Fenix, an old family-owned chain of excellent Mexican restaurants. The other spellings... gosh, I think the straight spelling is the prettiest! And of course, the meaning is wonderful, the image of rebirth and rejuvenation. A great name!

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking about what I would name my future kids since I was little. Alot of names keep changing but I do have my favorites.

For girls....
Cheyanne or Shianne
Sierra
Mackenzie
I loved Arianna but my cousin named her baby that so its out for me.

Savannah
Hannah
Jasmine (Sometimes I end up giving the names I love to my pets.
)
Alexis
Star and Skylar (now I am thinking of using them as middle names so that I can call them that but they can choose to use more ''normal'' names if they want)
Jade or Jadyn
Raven

Boys names I am not really sure. Not good at those.

Alex
Zachary
Justin
Carmine
Dakota
Devon
Dominic
Donovan

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

I have been thinking about what I would name my future kids since I was little. Alot of names keep changing but I do have my favorites.

For girls....

Mackenzie
Great name! (thats mine!
)

samantha1979

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My names would be Owen Lee if it were a boy, and Alexis Jayde or Lela Paige for the girls. I don't plan on having any children though, so maybe it is a little weird I have thought of names??

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I already have a son

Alexander Richard John (Alexander is his father's middle name; Richard is MY dad's name, and John is his other grandfathers name - dads side)

But if I ever get around to another child, I would probably pass on names from the female side of the family. If I use the same system, it would be:

Leanne Astrid Anna

But I think I'd like to use Danish names.... although my mum's name (Astrid) is a must

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Samantha1979

My names would be Owen Lee if it were a boy, and Alexis Jayde or Lela Paige for the girls. I don't plan on having any children though, so maybe it is a little weird I have thought of names??
I love the name Owen, I think its just so cute

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kaylacat

For girls....
Cheyanne or Shianne
Sierra
Mackenzie
I loved Arianna but my cousin named her baby that so its out for me.

Savannah
Hannah
Jasmine (Sometimes I end up giving the names I love to my pets.
)
Alexis
Star and Skylar (now I am thinking of using them as middle names so that I can call them that but they can choose to use more ''normal'' names if they want)
Jade or Jadyn
Raven

Boys names I am not really sure. Not good at those.

Alex
Zachary
Justin
Carmine
Dakota
Devon
Dominic
Donovan
I like a lot of your names. I really like Cheyanne and Raven! My son's middle name is Zackary (just a diff spelling).