Am I Somehow Stopping My Cat From Going Into Labor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillion10182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You were saying that the kitties were not latching. Is mom nursing them now? If mom cannot yet produce any milk this could upset her. How much time has elapsed since delivery?
She delivered from 6-7:30am. She seems fine producing milk and is spending ost of the day in there with the kittens. We cut away her long fur on her belly last night and that seems to be helping a lot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lillion10182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
What's happening now?
I desperately needed sleep! haha so we ended up keeping her closed in the closet last night. Its a small walk in closet, so there's plenty of room for her to walk around and get away from them for a minute to eat, drink, use the bathroom, etc. She cried for a while but eventually we heard her go back to the kittens. I'll be there for her when she needs me emotionally for the most part, but when I've got to get other things done during the day I might just need to separate us and let her cry for a minute.

The kittens all look healthy this morning. Not sure how much they gained because I forgot to weigh them yesterday, but they're all 5oz this morning except for one big kitty who weighs 6oz haha :)