Am I responsible for this?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caprice

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Loveysmummy

Caprice,
You can also gently suggest to her that pepper isn't the best thing to put where you don't want a dog to chew. It obviously doesn't work

A good product for that is Bitter Apple spray. It tastes horrible and is a good chewing deterrent. You can get Bitter Apple at any Pet supplies retail store I should think.

Yes, Kongs are great...You can put kibble in there and smear the opening with some peanut butter and it will keep a dog busy for a long while usually.

I would also let her know about the crate..Crate training can be done at a later age and isn't cruel as people often think. Its actually more humane as it acts as a "safe den" for an anxious pup...Many owners even leave their crates open when they are there and the dog uses them willingly when it wants some peace

Here is a good intro to give her to introduce a dog slowly to a crate.
It is NEVER to be used for punishment BTW

http://www.inch.com/~dogs/cratetraining.html
She had some bitter apple spray, but we couldn't find it. So, I used the pepper and it has worked. I just sprinkle more on there morning and night. The cleaning lady came too, so that helped alot!
She's coming home today...I need a break.
About the crate, I really don't like to use them...and I think she feels the same way. She really needs to get him a dog house and some shade in her backyard so he can run and play more. I think she'll be doing this now.