Am I Mrs. Robinson?

julianne

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go for it!

I once got involved with a 17 year old (mature for his age) and I was 26

Our age difference wasn't a problem but, I had to return to SA and he had to do his national service.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I was 30 I met my husband who was then 23. We just celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary on January 6.

Go for it and enjoy every minute!

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you still know how to have fun (sounds like ya do) and he is wanting to have fun, too, then... have fun.

Worry-not about age, after all, Demi & Ashton are getting along just fine.

Don't fret about if it can go long-term, anyway; just have fun & get to know each other. No one says you have to pick out curtains on the first date, anyway.

I am sick of dating guys older than me, done with it, I'm going to go for the really young pups (over 21 but younger than me). Guys close to 40, which I've been dating lately, are wanting to get married and basically go into Husband Coma. I ain't ready for all that, I just wanna have fun! So if you don't want that 23 year old, send him my way.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Yes, he says he likes animals, but from his stories I think he's only met naughty cats, not nice ones like mine. That oughta be a switch...he seems like more of a dog person, but luckily I have 1 and 1/4 dogs so that should make him happy too.
how is it possible to own 1/4 of a dog? which fourth do you have?

vibiana

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to disagree that a 9-year age difference doesn't matter in your case. Such a difference would matter less if you were 41 and he was 33, and still less if you were 51 and he was 43.

I think you need to be very honest about what you are looking for in a relationship. If you want to get married and have a family, a 23 y/o guy is not going to be ready for that. I'm only saying this because at 31, you may be getting baby fever soon. LOL

If you go into this with the expectation that it's going to be a fun, casual relationship, I think you'll be fine. But be careful of falling in love with Junior.

Oh, and ... koo koo ker-choo, Mrs. Robinson. LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been away from this thread too long. You guys all made me laugh!
Thanks for the song Wyan, yep I knew most of you would get the title right away!
Sarah..."snog?" If that's what I think it is...
hmmm..
By 1/4 dogs I mean Pedro...he's such a little guy, I call him my 1/4 dog!

Vibiana, I know, most guys his age aren't the settling down type, but he says he is and from everyone I've talked to, he's really mature for his age, preferring to converse with adults rather than people his own age...Ugh...I almost said "kids his own age."

I think I'll just give him a chance, if he calls me that is. And have some fun with it...

Thanks for the advice everyone!
PS, can I maybe get some more guys' opinions on this one?

jaspers mummy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Um don't know that I can give you to much advice on this but I just wanted to let you know I have been with my hubby now comming up for 21 years and there is a 7 year gap in our ages so it can work he is older than me that is the only diff hope that helps
I say go for it what do you have to lose

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Shannon!!, I can't believe I missed this thread until now!!. I say if you have a good connection with this guy than go for it. Sure there are lots of inmature 23 year olds but there are many inmature 33 years olds as well. Age isn't always a good indication. Just go with your gut on this one!