Am I lucky or what!!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

i like Snoozle - you can call him Snoo for short!
"What's Snoo?"

"Not much. What's Snoo with you?"

So, is he still in Pakistan?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coldblooded

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

"What's Snoo?"

"Not much. What's Snoo with you?"

So, is he still in Pakistan?
Yeah. He's in Pakistan. I am visiting here during Christmas break. I would like to take him with me but I am not sure if it's worth the quarantining hassle. I've heard horrible stories from a friend who tried to bring her dog from Hawaii to mainland.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think coming into the country isn't all that hard. Are you sure you weren't hearing about going from the mainland to Hawaii? That is very difficult, requiring a 6-month quarantine. But coming into the U.S. mainland is pretty easy, if you have the correct inoculation records, mainly rabies.

Someone else here is probably an expert on shipping in from overseas and can fill you in.

If no one here knows (and I'll bet they do), you could probably e-mail www.bestfriends.org and they'll know what it takes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

coldblooded

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I think coming into the country isn't all that hard. Are you sure you weren't hearing about going from the mainland to Hawaii? That is very difficult, requiring a 6-month quarantine. But coming into the U.S. mainland is pretty easy, if you have the correct inoculation records, mainly rabies.

Someone else here is probably an expert on shipping in from overseas and can fill you in.

If no one here knows (and I'll bet they do), you could probably e-mail www.bestfriends.org and they'll know what it takes.
Thanks mrblanche. I am pretty sure it was from Hawaii to mainland. I'll ask again when I go back in Jan just to be sure. My cat is inoculated and I have certificates from my vet for that. I'll do some digging on the website you mentioned.

My only concern is that taking him with me to US would deprive my mom of very good company. He sleeps with her and she's very much used to him. I suspect my mom and sister would put up more resistance on his move than the US Customs.

Off-topic but anyone know the proper name for his color? I was told it is Tuxedo but the black in his hair is more grayish than proper black. Also would like to know if there is a name for the black and white pattern on his head.

Thanks.