Am I Guilty.. Was I wrong to say No?..

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are not to blame for the actions of someone else.

As for the religious 'link', I have come across people like that before. I think they hide behind their take on religion to avoid facing their own personal inadequacies. Some people (and I wouldn't include genuine believers here) think if they shout loud enough about sin, no-one will notice how black their own heart is.

As for the missing cat, we can only hope that she is either in a safe house, or already in heaven.

Sue

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daidreamer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BarbB

prayer for the animals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just thought this was a nice prayer. I am not very religious but I think a lot more people would be nicer to animals if there were more prayers for them.

Everyone on this site deserves a prayer too, for all the love you give to the kitties!

Hear our humble prayer, O God, for our friends the animals,
especially for animals who are suffering;
for animals that are overworked, underfed and cruelly treated;
for all wistful creatures in captivity that beat their wings against bars;
for any that are hunted or lost or deserted or frightened or hungry;
for all that must be put death.
We entreat for them all Thy mercy and pity,
and for those who deal with them we ask a heart of compassion
and gentle hands and kindly words.
Make us, ourselves, to be true friends to animals,
and so to share the blessings of the merciful.
O, heavenly Father, protect and bless all things that have breath;
guard them from all evil,
and let them sleep in peace.
I was reading other posts and I found this pray.. I am going to take this and print it out for this guy and show him. He prays for himself and his family he should also pray for his little kitty too.

Also I wanted to say thank you all so much for your comments .. They all have been very helpful.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm positive you didn't mean any harm by what you said. I'm sorry it I sound rude. I am easily offended by something like that. I'm sure you can understand because these days, Christians are slammed a lot, and it really bugs me when the smallest thing is ever said.

I believe that what he did was absolutely and completely wrong. But we all make mistakes, and just because he was cruel and made a mistake, doesn't mean he isn't a Christian... just wanted to clear that up.

I think that it was totally wrong of him to do, though. He needs to take responsibility for his animal... I hope he will and goes to find her, and cares for her, no matter what the circumstances.... because it was indeed his fault. I really hope he comes to see the horrible thing he did, and will feel remorse, and do all he can to save this cat. If he can't keep it, the least he can do is find it a home, AFTER caring for any needs she may have.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I find it totally unacceptable that he could behave in such a manner though sweetie. If he can't be responsible enough to look after his cat then he really shoudln't be keeping animals at all. People like that are the cause of so many cases of strays and abused animals and it's simply not fair! To be honest, I'm glad I missed the little skiffle over the "religious" issues, for the most part because I get totally lost. It's very easy to get confused and/or offended. It's easy to understand why though. I just hope this poor kitty is safe
he doesn't sound like someone I'd want to trust an animal to at all.

cjandbilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I just hope this poor kitty is safe
he doesn't sound like someone I'd want to trust an animal to at all.
He completely lost trust in that! I would think he did, at least.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juniper

That is HORRIBLE! It makes me literally sick.
What a horrible, disgusting 'person' (I use that term loosely, for lack of a non-G-rated term). You shouldn't feel guilty - it's not your responsibility to care for the cat, and you had no way of knowing they would do this. I can understand why you're upset, though.
...I´m so sorry for you....Not Advice for you my friend...
I just only can share my ears to you all the time that you want...

royalenchntrss

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i cant believe there are so many people out there who will just kick a poor little kitty out on the street!!

pjk5900

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is his own fault for letting the cat outside.

As far as this religion aspect of it,
I think it is a personal thing, what I believe or don't and I do not like other people pushing their own personal beliefs in my face.
Believe what you want and worship how you want, but don't expect me to follow your directions for doing so.

I believe in God and have my own way of communicating with him.
I do not need a big expensive church or someone knocking at my door to make me a christian.

And I don't believe a good christian can with good conscience (sp?) tell you it is your fault for something he chose to do to this poor cat.