Am I doing the right thing?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Minstrel got her stitches out and her collar off tonight !!!! Thank goodness, she was getting soo depressed!!!

Vet wanted to see her walking so put her on the floor, like the true lady she is (use the term very lightly) she turned her back on the vet, flicked her tail up in the air (just about hit the vet in the face!) and sauntered to the door with the good old 'sway of the hips' !!! was soo proud of her!!

she came home, ate loads, had a really looooooooooong wash and scratch (fur flying everywhere) then she lay down and went to sleep. She was purring that much you could feel it in her stomach!!! She is happier, which means I must be doing my job right!

am going to go to bed now, get, hopefully, more than the 4 hours sleep I have been averaging over the past 2 1/2 weeks!!!

just wanted to thank you guys for all your thoughts and well wishes, I know she wasnt cured, but she is happy and thats all I can ask for right now

faerie
xx

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it is so lovely to hear a happy outcome! too often it is quite the opposite but not this time! well done minstrel for having the strength and determination to come through this.

heres to many more happy and healthy years for you and minstrel!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Late into the thread but it cought my eye and thought I would read on! You did the right thing by having her operated on and she is happy now! Hopefully its a slow growing cancer and that she has many many years ahead of her! You deserve a pat on the back! You've been a real trouper through all of this! Good for you!!

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, glad to hear she is doing well so far, if I remember rightly from reading about sickle cell tumours when it was suspected with Tiger, it is a slow growing tumour, and very slow to spread as well, so fingers crossed for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

faerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hi guys
its just to let you know, Minstrel went to the bridge a few hours ago. The cancer came back as big as ever, the vet said tonight it had spread ... I was there when she went to sleep, she was calm, peaceful, (she didnt purr though which upset me) I know she is in a better place, it should make me feel better, it doesnt though ... I know too, she would never have intentionally broken my heart ....
I will post in the 'bridge' section later, just, am home alone right now (now really alone) and I am trying to tidy her toys away ... on the pc, in her room .......

maxiecat03

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so, so sorry for your loss. You did your best to give Minstrel some wonderful extra weeks that she wouldn't have had! What more could a loving 'Mom' do!

My heart and thoughts are with you

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that the cancer came back, but she is free from pain now and had a wonderful life with you. RIP little one.

wiltshiregirl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about minstrel.
I just read your thread and was really upset to hear of your loss.
RIP minstrel x

cc12

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry for your loss. I followed your story and thought she was pulling through.
Hugs to you.

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss it's a sad thing to lose a member of the family but you did the right thing for your cat the whole way through and just think of her being with the other happy cats