Am I doing it right?

kayywhitt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to feed my two 3 month old kittens Science Diet, I recently switched them to Origen Kitten & Cat and a can of Taste of The Wild wet once a day.

I also leave out the wet food overnight and while im at work but change it atleast once a day. Ive been told with kittens I should leave it out bc they will nibble on it throughout the day and I've also heard that you shouldnt leave it out more than 30 minutes.

I have a couple questions bc I want to make sure I'm doing whats best for my babies.

Is feeding only one can of wet food per kitten enough for them, dont want them to be too reliant on wet food, but also wanna make sure im giving them enough moisture in their diet especially at this age!

Is it okay to leave out the wet food til they eat it? (No more than 24 hrs though)

Any thoughts on the foods that im feeding them?

And any suggestions on kitten food and feeding?

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to feed my two 3 month old kittens Science Diet, I recently switched them to Origen Kitten & Cat and a can of Taste of The Wild wet once a day.

I also leave out the wet food overnight and while im at work but change it atleast once a day. Ive been told with kittens I should leave it out bc they will nibble on it throughout the day and I've also heard that you shouldnt leave it out more than 30 minutes.

I have a couple questions bc I want to make sure I'm doing whats best for my babies.

Is feeding only one can of wet food per kitten enough for them, dont want them to be too reliant on wet food, but also wanna make sure im giving them enough moisture in their diet especially at this age!

Is it okay to leave out the wet food til they eat it? (No more than 24 hrs though)

Any thoughts on the foods that im feeding them?

And any suggestions on kitten food and feeding?
Hi ,  I think Orijen kibble and Taste of The Wild wet are very good .  As far as leaving wet food out overnight I have heard mixed opinions on that . Personally I would not do it .  Could you feed them wet food first thing in the morning to make sure they eat it up and later leave their serving of kibble for the rest of the day ?   For added moisture you could add a tablespoon of hot water to the can food ..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kayywhitt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thats true I could do that honestly, thank you! And what do you think of the fancy feast broths or would that upset their stomach mixing the two brands? And would that be too much for a kitten to intake? Also would it be safe for kittens?

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thats true I could do that honestly, thank you! And what do you think of the fancy feast broths or would that upset their stomach mixing the two brands? And would that be too much for a kitten to intake? Also would it be safe for kittens?
You are very welcome ..  I think Fancy Feast Broth is fine just keep in mind that these are not complete meals but if you use it just to add moisture to the can food that would be fine .  Actually getting them used to different brands of wet food is good . 

kayywhitt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay awesome thank you! While fostering them i introduced them to many different wet food brands, of course being a first time mother I got a little carried away! (:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay awesome thank you! While fostering them i introduced them to many different wet food brands, of course being a first time mother I got a little carried away! (:
You are welcome .  Yeah , as long as they do not have any digestive issues from eating the different brands than that is a good thing ..  It sounds like they are doing really well . They sure look like sweet babies ..

kayywhitt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, they really are they have been with each other since they opened their eyes and as much as they rough house it always melts my heart seeing them love on each other. So happy i got litter mates and that they see me as their mother. Its funny to me bc my boyfriend agreed to let me foster with no intention of having a cat let alone two.. Hehe (:

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, they really are they have been with each other since they opened their eyes and as much as they rough house it always melts my heart seeing them love on each other. So happy i got litter mates and that they see me as their mother. Its funny to me bc my boyfriend agreed to let me foster with no intention of having a cat let alone two.. Hehe (:
Aww, such a sweet story .  I am glad you decided to keep them . They sure are lucky babies . It sounds like they have a great mama ..