Am I crazy or is this really irritating?

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

My Rosie is like that all the time and i hold a conversation with her
Oh yes, us too! Evie is quite the talker, I love it, we have conversations all the time. She seriously even asks me questions! I don't know if she got it from listening to me or if this is a usual kitty thing, but during our conversations, she'll inflect her meow and it SO sounds like a human asking a question: "Meow?"

Now, as for you being annoyed by the kitty in the video, since you're still puzzled, is it possible it sounds so funny to you simply because it's on the computer? I know sometimes speakers and such distort things *just* enough to strike us as "wrong"... Just a thought!

arcadian girl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
about cats with wierd meows.. my mom had a cat when I was growing up, that she rescued from the dump. She named her Slim, but I named her Brat Cat, because well, she was always complaining :p We don't know why, perhaps someone stepped on her before we had her or something, but when you were walking, if you stepped more than a foot near her, she would meow as if she'd just been stepped on by an elephant: meeoooAAAOOWWWWWWWAHHHHHHHHHHGGHHH!!!! It was really loud, and I suppose annoying to anyone who didn't live there, but we just accepted it as part of who she was. She was affectionate and all, though she only really snuggled with my mom, but she'd let us all pet her and hold her.. but walk, and step too near her, and she'd let loose with that meow that sounded like she was being flattened :/ More than once when we had people over, someone walked near her, she made that meeeoooAAAOOWWWAAGHHHH! sound, and ppl were like oh! is your cat ok? she sounds hurt! It really sounded that bad.. but no, she was just talking, letting us know in no uncertain terms that "this is where I am, do NOT walk near me, thanks"
Writing this is making me miss her... she was a character

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

My boy Tonka has a particularly annoying meow ... he literally brays like a donkey at times and at others, he honks like a goose. Needless to say, this isn't what I love waking up to at oh-God-thirty AM out of a sound sleep. *wink*

But (and this is a true story) one night, my girl Lexus and I were laying in bed, trying to sleep as Tonka was serenading us loudly with Tonka-song, Lex got up off the bed, went behind the door to my bedroom and walked it closed. She then got back up in bed, settled in underneath my arm, sighed and went to sleep. *smile*
Three cheers for Lex!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

Oh yes, us too! Evie is quite the talker, I love it, we have conversations all the time. She seriously even asks me questions! I don't know if she got it from listening to me or if this is a usual kitty thing, but during our conversations, she'll inflect her meow and it SO sounds like a human asking a question: "Meow?"

Now, as for you being annoyed by the kitty in the video, since you're still puzzled, is it possible it sounds so funny to you simply because it's on the computer? I know sometimes speakers and such distort things *just* enough to strike us as "wrong"... Just a thought!
Maybe. And I could be judging too harshly. That kitty could be a sweetheart the rest of the time except when he's hungry and wants food. So I don't see the side of him that she likely does. Maybe he's a perfect angel otherwise, so she puts up with it.

It is strange, because I have never been bothered by meowing. I like meowing, usually.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sonic is an oriental and has a very demanding and loud voice! If he wants something he'll let you know about it. If he doesn't want anything he still has to make conversation with me!

The funniest thing is when we get home and open the bedroom door he races out down the hall with his mouth wide open and this loud WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH noise coming out of him. You wouldn't believe such a little kitten could make such a racket

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Sonic is an oriental and has a very demanding and loud voice! If he wants something he'll let you know about it. If he doesn't want anything he still has to make conversation with me!

The funniest thing is when we get home and open the bedroom door he races out down the hall with his mouth wide open and this loud WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH noise coming out of him. You wouldn't believe such a little kitten could make such a racket
I would

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bemyonlyone

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Even when Chelsea, my cousin's lilac point siamese, was meowing constantly, it never bothered me. Maybe because her meow wasn't quite so high pitched. She had this deep meow. It was a bit much sometimes, but it never bothered me. Chelsea herself, however. I will just say that she has managed to annoy every one of my family members as well as my brother's best friend. But she's been through a lot, so we try to be understanding.