Am I checking the trap too often?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have looked for him there. He hasn't been laying out sunning himself, and he is no where under or in the pile. I haven't looked for him in or under the room in the barn... I'll check there today.

ktlynn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was hoping for good news about the Siamese boy, so I'm sorry you haven't seen him yet.
If you have any other small outbuildings/sheds, etc., I would check those too. Barrels, crates, boxes - anything he could crawl into or under.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, still no luck finding the big kitty. I didn't want to just keep calling him "the Siamese" so I've been calling him Marley. I had the trap set all day yesterday and didn't catch anything, which really didn't surprise me. I've looked just about everywhere I can think to look for Marley.... under the room and in the room in the barn, on and around and under his junk pile, the two sheds, under and in all the cars (we have something like 20 cars out here, lol). There are only two places left to look... one is the small, old, run down barn in the back of the property and the other is in the storage trailer. The trailer is mostly solid but we have found out that mice are getting up in there through a hole under the trailer, so maybe if the mice can then Marley can (I personally haven't seen the hole or it's size, my boyfriend just said it's there). The old barn will be easy to look in, but unfortunately the trailer might take a while. When we got this new house, we basically emptied two entire houses into this storage trailer (and another trailer) and haven't even touched this one yet. So it's a 40 ft. trailer packed nearly floor to ceiling with stuff and it will be difficult to look everywhere.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Still sending those good luck vibes! (Only this time it's good luck finding Marley!)

I know the heartbreak of having ferals not return. I really hope that isn't the case here.

Laurie