Am I being Irresponsible?

tru

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by beandip

Yeah...there is regular, plain Neosporin which is different from Neosporin+Pain reliever. You want the plain original Neosporin, that stuff is fine.

Ick, larvae...good job taking care of that. I can handle a lot of yucky things but creepy crawly things creep me out.
My bad about the Neosporin. I didn't realize it had to be the original stuff without the pain releiver.

I have Septi-Clens on hand here in both spray and ointment that I use on my guys for little boo-boo's.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tru

My bad about the Neosporin. I didn't realize it had to be the original stuff without the pain releiver.
hey, i didn't even know they made one with a pain reliever! i haven't had to actually buy any in quite some time...

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I cleaned the wound today and it did have a larvae in it. I pulled the larvae out and now it is just a hole there. Is there anything else I should do for the wound?
Once we removed the larvae we would flush out the wound with peroxide daily and not allow it to scab over- I can't remember the reasoning for this, but I am assuming any infection or bacteria doesn't get trapped under the skin. I could have sworn we cleaned the outside with Betadine too...but it has been a few years since I've had to deal with them and it couldn't hurt to double check with your vet.

Sounds like you have some experience with them as well
, I'd just keep checking him over daily to make sure anymore don't start to surface.