Am I a nut?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you'll do fine! just organize and plan activities ahead of time! that way he won't have time to get "bored" and wind up into mischif...look into local childrens museumes in your area (many of them have free admission), also, many art museums and botanical gardens have free admission on certain days- kids LOVE colors!! Maybe after a trip to one of those you could take him back home and let him color what he saw! ....visit your local animal shelter and pet the kitties or walk the dogs, take him to dollar tree and give him his own "dollar" to spend on anything he wants - teach him how to be responsible for his "money", take him for a walk in the park or to your local playground, set up "coloring time"- and his own special area that only he can color in...so he's not tempted to color on...oh say, your walls
....I suggest (crayola colorwonder paper and color wonder markers- they rock! the only thing the markers will show color on is the special paper- so he can't color on anything else
), also, set up a "movie night"...maybe rent a movie or two that he likes, pop popcorn, ....and camp out in the living room and watch a movie with him, also- playdough and bubbles always work!!! Maybe you could come up with some fun arts & crafts activities for both of you do. I would try to plan your weekend as best as you can so that he doesn't have time to get "bored"...and so that you can enjoy your time together without trying to figure out what to do next. Good luck!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I just agreed to watch my nephew for a WHOLE weekend in November!!! This is the most busy almost 4 year old you've ever met!!! Anyone have any tranquilizers.........(for me, not for him!)
LOL! I feel sorry for you. I deal with a almost 4 year old every week day. It can be very fun but other times it just makes you want to scream. Just keep him busy and it shouldnt be to hard. Then he will think you are wonderful.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you're nuts Susie, but a good one!

Here's what I do when my 4yr old nephew comes to visit:

1. Let him chase the cats, and let the cats chase him! (This will be 1 hr of laughter for you)
2. Feed him lots of protein, less carbs - coz then he wont be so manic when I put him down for a nap
3. Go window shopping, his purchase limit is around RM10 which means he can get a book or a treat
4. Bring him home and both collapse, and vegetate with Barney and Bob (Hey, is it true that Bob marries Wendy???)
5. Let him sleep!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Great advice guys, thanks! And for all of you that said I was nuts..........

your right!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm
Tough question.......... is Susie a nut????????? We might have to have a poll on that!

Enjoy your nephew, Susie! 4 year olds can be very active, but games and videos keep them occupied, outings if the weather is nice, just don't give him too many sweets so that he's not super-charged on a sugar high!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Hmmm
Tough question.......... is Susie a nut????????? We might have to have a poll on that!
No threads or polls on that one Colleen!