Am I a BIG SUCKER or what???

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pamela, if the definition of sucker is someone with a big caring heart, then yes you are a sucker! He sounds like a sweetiepie! Good luck in finding him a furrever home!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update- Taz is doing okay. I slept on the couch and only Buddy would sleep with me. The other 3 were too upset with me and refused to come near me.

This morning, I checked on Taz and tried to play with him for half an hour before leaving for work. Could tell he feels lonely and doesn't like being left alone in the room.

I took a toy that he played with and brought it out of the room thinking maybe I'd have my cats sniff it so they'd get used to his smell a bit and to my surprise, Zebra ATTACKED POOR BUDDY. Poor buddy was just being curious and sniffing but Zebra went crazy and attacked poor Buddy. Luckily, I was able to stop it before too much fighting happened but Buddy kept hissing at me for like half an hour!

I'll take some pics of Taz tonite and post here. ANYONE WHO lives in VA, DC or MD and might be interested in adopting Taz OR know of someone who might be interested, pls contact me ASAP.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I FINALLY got some good pics of Taz! It's hard to take good pics of him cuz he's always on the move. Have to wait till I get to work tmr to download the pics then post here...

He just ripped a ball to pieces within 5 min. Couldn't believe my eyes!

He seems to be doing okay. As soon as I get pics up, I am going to post pics of him on petfinder, email my friends, and advertise around to see if I can find him a home ASAP. I've also decided to go ahead with getting him fixed even though I'm BROKE. Will use my credit card if there's enuff money left on it then I won't have to worry about him spraying in my apt.

Keep ur fingers crossed that everything will work out and he'll find a home SOON.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took some pictures and wasn't sure where to post them so I decided to post them in fur pictures so go on over to fur pictures tocheck Taz out...Wait a few minutes while I download the pics onto that forum...

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MAN! When I got home tonite, I immediately put vanilla extract on TAZ then proceeded to put on all of my cats (Buddy was HISSSSSING his head off at me while I was touch ing him). After I did this, I let Taz out of the bedroom and watched as he checked things out. After about 10 minutes, Zebra decided to HISS and swat at him so I decided to put him back in the bedroom for a while then try again in a few hours.

I know he HATES being cooped up in my bedroom (no windows in bedroom) so I'm trying to see if my cats can allow him to mingle with them if I supervise them so he can get a break from being in the bedroom while I look for a new home for him.

Have posted an ad on Petfinder and some other sites. Keep fingers crossed!!

stevie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Pam...similar story here - as you'll see in my signature, i got my 3rd, Max, from a lady that was going to take him to a kill shelter because her grandchildren had just moved in and they were allergic! I couldn't let that happen either...and my mom called me a sucker. .Thought for a while that I would have to give him up, due to non-friendly feelings" between Max and Mocha, my DLH, but now I'm hopeful that they are settling down somewhat...we shall see....Anyway, what's funny is that I'm still drawn to possibly taking on another and have to stop myself...lol

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update-

I just called SPCA to make an appt to have him neutered and asked about the possibility of them helping me find a home for him. They said YES if I will foster him and take him to adoption fairs!!
I asked them what their adoption criterias are and am very impressed with their screening process!!

The location where they tend to have adoption fairs have a high percentage of cats being adopted so they're sure that we can find a home for TAZ!! They also said that I don't have to stay all day- that I can hand him over to the person in charge of the adoption fair and he/she'll take care of him during the day then I come to pick him up at the end.

I really like that plan because I was very worried about the issue of communicating- I can speak somewhat clearly but often hearing people gets nervous about communicating with deaf people and I am not too good at lipreading people that I just met- as I get to know people better, I am able to lipread them easier and more accurately.

AND they said they wil take care of the neutering costs since they will work with me to find a home for him!! I feel soooo relieved because I am very very tight with money right now.

I think their next adoption fair is very soon so keep ur fingers crossed!

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is fantastic that they are being so helpful! He is a lucky little guy to have come into your life!

stevie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wissh you the best of luck, Pamela, with finding a new home for the little guy..and I'm glad that the SPCA are being so accommodating!