Always an orange one!

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was talking with my friend last night. She is getting her male cat fixed today and I told her not to. It should have kittens with her unfixed female cat. She was like NO! She wouldn't be able to give any of them up. So I was telling her how cute they would be. Some would be black like Donavan and some colourful like Missy. Oh and there would be at least one orange one. Then we started talking how every litter of kittens there has to be at least one orange one. Even if the cats don't have an ounce of orange tabby in them, sure enough there will be at least one.

"I don't understand. They are pure breed Simase cats...where did the orange one come from ??"

HAHAHA.

Ok I know that an orange one wouldn't pop up in the pure breeds, unless its pure breed orange tabbys. I just thought it was funny. I thought it was funny enough to post here.

Ok I'm done now. Stop laughing at me.

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
all cats should be fixed. There are so many that need homes, there is no reason to bring more into the world

I have seen plenty of litters with out orange. we just had a solid white one, and adopted alitter of three gray kittens.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Creepyowl:

Allow me to quote from the rules of these forums:

Please make sure to spay or neuter your cat. Unless you are a professional breeder and your cat is part of a professional breeding program, please spay/neuter your cats before they reach sexual maturity (at the age of 4-6 months). By spaying and neutering you enhance your cat's quality of life and improve his or her health. You are also proving your love for cats because in acting as a responsible pet owner you are minimizing the problem of cat overpopulation. Please read this article and don't hesitate to ask for more information in the forums.
We do not encourage allowing cats to breed unless the owner is a certified breeder.

purrfectcatlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your friend is very responsible to get her cat fixed . There are to many unwandet cats in the world . Please take a look at some kill shelter where all the time great healthy cats/kitten being put down .

jenng

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your friend not only has her male fixed, but her unspayed female done as well. (unless she's a breeder) I am happy your friend wants to do the responsible thing and get her boy neutered.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you are going around telling people not to fix their cats because you want a certain color, simply go to a cat shelter nearest you and pick one out for yourself. Make sure you get at least a 6 month old though, as the shelter will already do the responsible act and spay and neuter for you, because it sounds to me like you wouldn't do that on your own.

Spaying and neutering your cats prolong their lives and allow them to be a better companion for you all the way around.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please reassure us that your friend disregarded your advice. You have a lot of us worried that your friend might make a horrible decision and decide not to neuter her boy. I hope she gets the female spayed soon as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was only kidding. I was just saying that most of the litters I see there is always one orange one. I've been telling her to get her female cat fixed for a long time. I agree with getting the fixed because of all the unwanted kittens. I have a kitten I'm very happy with and he is an orange one. There was two in that litter. Wow I won't post anything I find amusing anymore.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Whew! What a relief! We just panic when we hear someone say that cats shouldn't be spayed or neutered....we all love cats so much that we only want what is best for them.

So...don't be mad at our concern! We didn't realize you were kidding!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

creepyowl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Its just my friend and I have strange conversations. We thought it was funny. When she told me she was getting Donavan fixed today I told her she should get Missy fixed first so she doesn't go into heat again. Then we got into the convo about the orange kittens. I understand the concern. Keep in my\\ind when reading my posts I'm sort of nutty :pinky:

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also don't want others to get the impression that random breeding is ok.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Boy that is good to read! I thought you might be serious and couldn't quite figure out why post this on a cat welfare board. Sorry, but being in rescue, I didn't "get" the humor.

coco maui

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This might make a good question to post in the new genetics forum.

rfox

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Creepyowl, if you put at the ned of your posts that you are only joking then it will be better for all of us. explain why it is a joke. like you said, you and your freind were talking and you both knew it was right to fix cats but somehow the conversation turned to orange kittens. just say that RIGHT AWAY instead of letting us worry. I understand your intention, its just that humor is hard to get across in cyberspace sometimes. its something i am learning myself!