Alternative To Good Lovin' Treats

CatLoaf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It looks like Petco is no longer making Good Lovin' cat treats anymore - would anyone know of an alternative that is as close as possible to the Good Lovin' chicken treats? My cat has cancer and this is the only thing that he consistently eats when he feels like eating. He doesn't have long, but my supply of those treats is running out. So long as he's here I'd like him to have whatever he wants.

Thanks.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Could you give us an ingredient list? I would say their new whole hearted bags in the orange bag are the same thing. They just rebranded. Btw my store discontinued these over a year ago. Where were you still getting them? But yes have a look at the chicken whole hearted treats if they have them available yet where you shop. If not https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...nchy-chicken-and-liver-flavor-treats-for-cats

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Good Lovin treats are a bit more crumbly than Pure Bites if you were buying the freeze dried ones, so I don't know that they would be compatible with your boy. I know they discontinued the mussels over a year ago and we've been buying those from the Honest Kitchen in Nice Mussels.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CatLoaf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I didn't realize they rebranded! The soft centered crunchy chicken flavored treats are exactly what I'm looking for!

I had gotten the Good Lovin' treats at a Petco and had hoarded a supply a year ago.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Good Lovin' treats that I bought for our cats were just freeze-dried chicken heart. Our cats loved them! Bravo makes a treat medley, with chicken breast, liver, and gizzard, that might work. (link here)

We now use just Pure Bites, chicken breast, and our cats love those, too. They've also loved Pure Bites duck liver (fed sparingly!) and turkey.

I'm very sorry to hear about your cat's illness, C CatLoaf , and hope you're able to find a treat he'll eat and enjoy.