Alright, next guy who approaches me is getting maced!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marie-p

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the
Thanks everyone

I really didn't realize at the time how upsetting it all was... it only hit me once I got home. I'm still upset about it. I know that nothing really harmful happened (so I saw some guys genitals, that in itself isn't upsetting) but I really feel violated by the fact that he tricked me into it. He didn't even touch me and yet it's like he forced some sort of "sexual" encounter (that at least to him was sexual, I guess).

I don't know if I'm overreacting but right now I'm still upset. I'm sure I'll bounce back and I don't see this ruining my life in any way... but I just need some time to get over it.

stupid jerk!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marie-p

I really didn't realize at the time how upsetting it all was... it only hit me once I got home. I'm still upset about it. I know that nothing really harmful happened (so I saw some guys genitals, that in itself isn't upsetting) but I really feel violated by the fact that he tricked me into it. He didn't even touch me and yet it's like he forced some sort of "sexual" encounter (that at least to him was sexual, I guess).

I don't know if I'm overreacting but right now I'm still upset.
You are NOT overreacting.

"Nothing really happened but..." is how many women start stories that relate their experiences of something they can't really name - nothing really happened except that you were violated, and (probably) frightened - not necessarily by what happened, but by what could have happened.

You are not overreacting. You are fully justified to feel upset - or angry, or frightened, or any other emotion that you feel because of it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

You are NOT overreacting.

"Nothing really happened but..." is how many women start stories that relate their experiences of something they can't really name - nothing really happened except that you were violated, and (probably) frightened - not necessarily by what happened, but by what could have happened.

You are not overreacting. You are fully justified to feel upset - or angry, or frightened, or any other emotion that you feel because of it.
I agree! You weren't overreacting sweetie- your instincts and your emotions are there for a reason
. Don't try to downplay your reasons for being upset, instead- address why your upset (guy flasing you), deal with your emotions, and be proactive and prepared in case it happens again (self defense class & pepper spray
) I'm sending you lots of vibes and hugs!