Alright, fess up: eHarmony video

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I didn't listen to it, I just forwarded through the video part.

My fave parody of the eHarmony (though not billed as being one) commericals used to be on Discovery ID Channel; I can't remember the show's title, but it was about couples who kill together. You know how eHarmony has the couples together, and the camera goes to each one, and the person says how great she is, or how I didn't know he loved to do yard work, etc.? Well, Discovery ID had the same sort of shots, but with a MUCH different dialog: "I love how's she's spontaneous!" "I love to go for long walks on the beach--to bury the bodies!" "Who knew she was so good with a shovel?!?" Then, the camera lowers to show them handcuffed together.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

I seem to remember being able to set the ages exactly. I think it did initially set it to a certain range, but I was able to change it.
Unless they changed it since I was a member. But when I joined you could not select the age range. I contacted eHarmony to ask about it because I didn't like the 12 or 15 year older range. I was 40 years old and I couldn't see myself with someone 55 years old! eHarmony told me that there was no way to select your own age range and that it was their experience that the age range chosen for me is the most successful.

Originally Posted by Grogs

Maybe 5 of them ever responded, and all but one disappeared before we reached the open communication phase. We had two dates, but nothing really developed from it, and that was it. For the remainder of the 3 months I was a member, I would get 1-2 matches a week, and I either wasn't interested in them or they never responded.
I don't think I had that many matches, and I never met anyone. A huge problem with many of the matches I got were lack of response. I don't even think I got to the open communication phase with anyone.

It really was a huge waste of money. I was paying full price and I forget how long I was a member for....maybe 6 months.

I did have some luck with lavalife and match.com. However the one guy I met on lavalife, while he and I clicked really well and went out a few times and had a wonderful time together, he wasn't ready for another relationship IMO. He had been separated from his wife for almost a year, but I was his first attempt at re-entering the dating game and he never dealt with the separation. He secretly was hoping his wife would take him back. So I was rebound central. Too bad too, because we really had a great deal in common and had that instant feeling of having known each other for eons. The match.com situation wasn't so great. I won't go into details but after 1 date, the guy was already talking to me about how he had just bought a house trailer in some rural community and that it needed a woman's touch and how he wanted me to go out there with him to see it. I'm so not rural, and he was moving way to fast....totally desperate.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Old thread, but I think I have found my new theme song:

"Can't Hug Every Cat" - eHarmony girl autotuned