Alright, fess up: eHarmony video

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well that's NOT me, but if I were single my video would be similar! I posted this to my Facebook wall last night, cracked me up SO badly. Chick has got to be on acid...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

I just think the video is dumb her voice is irritating... she sounds so stupid... can't believe it went viral

Don't think it is funny at all....
It's too stupid for words, and obviously completely fake.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I tried being as nice as I could about it.....
In my attempt to stop the video, I accidentally "liked" it!
Any idea how to unlike something there?!

It's very obviously fake because if you look in the sidebar at youtube you can see another video by her where she is "playing" twins by standing at the edge of a mirror making her reflection look like a twin.

People will do anything for 15 minutes of fame these days.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

In my attempt to stop the video, I accidentally "liked" it!
Any idea how to unlike something there?!

It's very obviously fake because if you look in the sidebar at youtube you can see another video by her where she is "playing" twins by standing at the edge of a mirror making her reflection look like a twin.

People will do anything for 15 minutes of fame these days.
Now THAT's the only thing funny about this "I Love Cats" video!!

Fortunately I clicked on the correct button and actually STOPPED the video, whew!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GloriaJH

Now THAT's the only thing funny about this "I Love Cats" video!!

Fortunately I clicked on the correct button and actually STOPPED the video, whew!
What a stupid place to put the like button!!
Right below the stop button.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eHarmony doesn't have such a thing as video bios, and there are no real tears and the guy filming cracks up at the rainbow par, but I thought it was a pretty good performance heh.

I have to say though, I want to roll around all day with a bunch of kittens delivered in baskets too!!!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an actress!!!!
I guess a first date with that blubbering chick would be all about hugging all cats and putting them in a basket

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought it was great, too!
lol!!

‎"I just love them, and I want them. and I want them in a basket, and I want little bowties, I want them to be on a rainbow, and just in my bed."

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe we should hook up.

Once upon a time, I had an eHarmony profile and the majority of my pictures had a cat in them somewhere - on my lap, in my arms, etc.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Grogs

Maybe we should hook up.

Once upon a time, I had an eHarmony profile and the majority of my pictures had a cat in them somewhere - on my lap, in my arms, etc.
I used to have one too. It's not cheap to join and I didn't feel that I was getting my money's worth.

In my profile I specifically said that I love The City life. That I had no interest in relocating, especially to a small town or to the country.

Since I'm not interested in relocating and am not into the whole long distance, never see each other relationships, I had a narrow geographic scope. However, I wasn't getting any matches, so I widened the geographic area slightly.

After that I started to get matches. However, most were from North or South Dakota, Nebraska and Minnesota from guys living in remote country areas or on farms. I seriously doubt that a guy who owns a farm is going to want to sell it and move to Canada to live in the heart of a city of almost 800,000 people!!!

Also, I really am not interested in dating an older man. I prefer guys my own age or a year or 2 older, or up to 10 years younger. The way eHarmony works is that they tell you what age you need to be matched with and they were matching me with guys up to 12 or 15 years older than I was.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I just think the video is dumb her voice is irritating... she sounds so stupid... can't believe it went viral

Don't think it is funny at all....
This one for me is much better http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p0..._white_feline/
that one was very, very funny and I laughed out loud!!!!
ANd, what a had very handsome, clever kitty he is

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Also, I really am not interested in dating an older man. I prefer guys my own age or a year or 2 older, or up to 10 years younger. The way eHarmony works is that they tell you what age you need to be matched with and they were matching me with guys up to 12 or 15 years older than I was.
Hmm, I joined Match.com for fun when it was free for awhile and I was able to select the age range I was interested in (exact opposite of you - my philosophy is, unless he's five or more years older than me, he's too young! lol! my first serious boyfriend was 18 years older than me). I think Match also allows you to choose if you are looking for a man or woman no matter which gender you are, which eHarmony does NOT do, so maybe the traditional age assumption/restriction is part of that mindset as well.

Just watched the Single White Feline - L.O.L.!!!!!!!

For the original video, I agree the girl's voice is annoying, and her acting's not so great, either - it's obvious from a few seconds in that the video is fake. I think most people like it for the baskets/rainbow/bowties comment I posted above, which she says near the end of the video - or that's how it would seem according to my facebook feed. Still, I liked it. It was funny!

grogs

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I used to have one too. It's not cheap to join and I didn't feel that I was getting my money's worth.

In my profile I specifically said that I love The City life. That I had no interest in relocating, especially to a small town or to the country.

Since I'm not interested in relocating and am not into the whole long distance, never see each other relationships, I had a narrow geographic scope. However, I wasn't getting any matches, so I widened the geographic area slightly.

After that I started to get matches. However, most were from North or South Dakota, Nebraska and Minnesota from guys living in remote country areas or on farms. I seriously doubt that a guy who owns a farm is going to want to sell it and move to Canada to live in the heart of a city of almost 800,000 people!!!

I seem to remember being able to set the ages exactly. I think it did initially set it to a certain range, but I was able to change it. I had the same problem with the geographical settings. I set mine to 30 miles, and the profile settings were always bugging me and telling me I should set it to at least 180 miles. My thought was that I live in a metro area with ~ 400,000 people and if I couldn't find a match in that area, the service was a waste of time.

I think I got matched with about 30 women initially. Of those, I found maybe 15 interesting enough to start the guided communication with. Maybe 5 of them ever responded, and all but one disappeared before we reached the open communication phase. We had two dates, but nothing really developed from it, and that was it. For the remainder of the 3 months I was a member, I would get 1-2 matches a week, and I either wasn't interested in them or they never responded. I cancelled after that. The good thing is that I signed up under a discount rate, so it only cost me $15/month to discover it wasn't very useful.