Almost ready to give up :(

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty seems to be getting worse and worse, he is now yowling CONSTANTLY, and the howls are violent And its almost as if he's screaming, and it appears to be for no reason at all because he has food and water. I'm very concerned and I'm just not sure if it's because he's not neutered anymore. :/
​My kitty used to do the yowling too. You have to ignore it. I know it is horrible to endure, but when it brings them attention they are rewarded. But here's what I would do. I would call the my kitty to me. He knows his name and comes when called. I would pet him and love on him and then he would calm down and go away and quit yowling. Don't go to them, make them come in a different room and come to you. You are the boss of him. Also they can sense if you are anxious or upset and that makes them act up. So it is very important for you to be calm. Running around after them yelling with a squirt gun will not work. At least in this situation from my experience.

Brian007

Furmate and Famulus
Top Cat
Purraise
@spookysmom234  oh good, I'm pleased the vet reassured you over the phone and that you're going to take him in for a general check-up.  My male, only-child, cat doesn't cry or misbehave in any way, and I'm at home with him 99% of the time, but I still suspect he's not getting enough feline company with just boring old me to talk to.  The only clue I have to this is that he sometimes looks up at me with a very woeful expression, and he sticks to my side like glue.  So, I'm looking for a male friend for him too.  And for me, I'm very excited at the prospect of four more paws.  Some cats love being the only cat in the house, others crave a buddy to discuss the day's news and lounge around with.