Ally cut herself again?

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This may be kind of moot to add to this discussion since Ally is healing fine, but I spoke to one of the vets in town (not my vet, she is on vacation for the week, but this other vet is her good friend) several times this week, and visited them yesterday. They suggested putting Neosporin on Pixel's injury, but specifically said NOT the pain relief type. One of the active ingredients in the pain relief version is bad for cats, but the other one is safe for them to lick (I told her I had two cats and the other one could lick it). She ended up hating the way it felt though! And then I remembered I had some Animax, which is an antibacterial ointment for cats and dogs, and called them and they said to use the Animax instead.
So if you do need an ointment, your vet can probably give you one that is better for kitties than Neosporin (although they did say it was safe) like Animax. I don't believe Animax is too expensive.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lawguy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Animax... check.... I should get some of that. I'll order some along with my next order of Ally's and Ollie's Revolution.