Allergies

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I think I will ck into it, can you check on the spelling for me beings as you weren't sure, I tried looking it up and couldn't find it spelled that way I found several other things that appeared to be similar, but I am not much for steriods at ALL so I want to make sure it's the right medication, Thanks alot
I'm not big on steroids at all either! Didn't want to have anything to do with this when my mom told me what it was, but believe me - it's a steroid by name, but not really by nature. For the most part it's like any other meds you take. The first day is actually 6 pills which you can take all at once if you want. I took three yesterday afternoon and the other three at night. Just took my morning one and absolutely nothing. Believe me when I say you can't tell (or at least I can't. I suppose everyone's different). Best bet besides research would be to discuss it in detail with the allergy doctor as well. From what I understand, it's pretty common to use for people with really bad allergies (ME!
)
Anyways - I was a little off on the name. It's actually called a Medrol Dosepack. The medical name for it is Methylprednisolone tablets (USP 4mg).
Hope that helps!
(Tell ya what - anything that gets rid of the allergy symptoms this way - give me give me give me.
)