All Things MAINE COON

kitty333

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love them! My parents had a male who lived to be 18. He was super affectionate. He even had a special yowl when he wanted to play with his special toy (my mother was the only one who could give him the toy. Anyone else who tried was ignored.) We have a nephew of his (also Maine coon and 15.) Best birder I've ever seen caught 4 hummingbirds overnight. He of course relished in showing us this. He also caught a chipmunk onetime. The odd thing about this is the 23 years I've lived in this town I've never seen a chipmunk in my area.

Both of thes boys were some of the most affectionate and loving cats we've ever had. However, due to age we have to help comb out there beautiful fur. The 2 I've had are also very verbal. I love that in a cat. [emoji]128571[/emoji]

peagreenboat82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What lovely kitties, everyone!

This is Phantom, who also goes by Pants (short for the pantaloons he looks like he has!). He's technically a domestic long hair, but I'm pretty sure he has some Maine Coon mix in there. He's a very dog-like cat, follows me everywhere, guards my door if I'm on the other side, and has the most interesting vocalizations. He wouldn't hurt a fly, but he has the scariest growl that sounds just like a dog.

peagreenboat82

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is Drew Montana,when he just turned 4. He passed shortly thereafter. We miss him terribly and named a trail on our 24 acre farm after him.

This is Austin(L) and Drew(R) lounging together,as they often did. They shared the brown mackerel tabby trait. We called them "brothers from another mother". And they truly were brothers!!!

Here are a few of Austin Taylor and his brother of the last 4 years,Sam Elliot.
@gloryjasmine, I'm so sorry for your loss of your cat Drew. He looks like he had some personality. :) I'm grieving for another kitty of my own that passed. It's hard to let them go.

Your kitties look like such great friends! What lovely photos.

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your MC love water? Kricket loves to play with a thin stream of water running in the sink and he also LOVES his water fountain! I've only given him 2 baths, but he tolerated them very well... well, he tolerated the first one anyway, LOL  The second one - let's just say there was a 'mishap', but it ended well. 

Here is Kricket at his water fountain:

View media item 316778
And here is Keeker... waiting his turn to get a drink.

View media item 317321

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
@gloryjasmine, I'm so sorry for your loss of your cat Drew. He looks like he had some personality. :) I'm grieving for another kitty of my own that passed. It's hard to let them go.

Your kitties look like such great friends! What lovely photos.
Oh my I'm sorry I just saw this! Thank you for your compassion. He had tons of personality! He was the dominant cat in the house and he definitely strutted his stuff. He was very temperamental. It was "in his timing ". And when he did choose to come get lovins,it was well worth the wait!

I'm truly sorry about your loss. They never ever leave our heart. And we'll always be reminded of them in some way here and there. Drew passed in 2013 and I still talk about him to the other cats. And my husband and I talk about him often. May you be reminded of your loved one often so that a smile comes across your face. And may you find peace in knowing that he/she is livin it up in heaven! With my Drew!

Yea absolutely! They're very close now. It took Austin some time to mourn the loss of Drew. Being that they were extremely tight. Sam gave him his space. We constantly comforted Austin. And within a month or so he warmed up to Sam and they bonded. They've been great buddies ever since. Which I'm truly grateful for!

I'll be praying for you. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]128536[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
Does your MC love water? Kricket loves to play with a thin stream of water running in the sink and he also LOVES his water fountain! I've only given him 2 baths, but he tolerated them very well... well, he tolerated the first one anyway, LOL  The second one - let's just say there was a 'mishap', but it ended well. 

Here is Kricket at his water fountain:
View media item 316778

And here is Keeker... waiting his turn to get a drink.
View media item 317321
Yes actually! Not so much getting bathed. Although I've been bathing him since he was just three months old. He tolerates it as well. Does very good. He's very well behaved! If I'm in the bath now,he'll come sit on the side of the tub. With his big,ole fluffy tail hanging in the water! Then,he'll try to get the bubbles. He'll paw at them. After a little while....he gets in with me and sits on my tummy!!! I love it! He also drinks from the sink when it's slowly running. He's such a riot!

Your boys are extremely gorgeous! I need to get my babies one of those fountains!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes actually! Not so much getting bathed. Although I've been bathing him since he was just three months old. He tolerates it as well. Does very good. He's very well behaved! If I'm in the bath now,he'll come sit on the side of the tub. With his big,ole fluffy tail hanging in the water! Then,he'll try to get the bubbles. He'll paw at them. After a little while....he gets in with me and sits on my tummy!!! I love it! He also drinks from the sink when it's slowly running. He's such a riot!

Your boys are extremely gorgeous! I need to get my babies one of those fountains!
They LOVE their fountain, but I have been looking into getting a stainless steel one. This one works OK ($20 at Walmart) but I have to wash it out almost every day because the plastic (even though it is hard plastic that is OK for foods) tends to build up an algae based residue. So, it's a lot more work than I anticipated. I scrub it out with dish soap and white vinegar; then once a week I use diluted Clorox. I just hope I can find one that uses the same type filters that this one does. 

I have to laugh because my daughter has been getting a little jacked-up lately because every time she's been over the past couple weeks, I have been online "Christmas shopping". She was here yesterday and the first thing she did was walk over and give me a hug; then she looked at the screen and said, "Oh, for crap sake, Mom! Cat toys and water fountains! And they even have Christmas stockings with their names on them! "I" don't even have a stocking! I don't have any toys or a water fountain either, come to think of it!". My poor human child feels SO deprived! LOL 

I really wanted to tell her that her cat brothers don't have a 2-in-1 Tablet, 3 pair of blue jeans, a renewed AAA membership, a 40 inch TV, a $100 gas card, or a 1 year membership to the gym... but I bit my tongue and told her "Life sucks!".