Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I finished "Children of Dune," started "The Winds of Dune," and realized that I had the order of the two reversed! No big deal, but I will switch the spine labels before I shelve them.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a old style paperback edition of Game of Thrones, font is way too small for me. Has anyone here read the book?
I think I got it from the free book room at the library.
I bought that book way back when it was in the bookstore in paperback. I don't remember what the font was like, but I was pretty much hooked from the first sentence. I've re-read it a number of times. Everytime a new book in the series came out, I'd read them all from the beginning. I liked the books much better than the series. The first two seasons of the series were good, but then it went downhill from there (for me) and I quit watching. At this point, I don't know if we'll ever see the end of the book series. There have been times I've regretted getting involved. My usual rule is to not start a book until the entire series is available.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I see that George RR Martin has another book coming out soonish. He was on The Late Show on the 25th. Haven't watched it yet, but will shortly.

As for me, I'll be finishing "The Winds of Dune" either tonight or tomorrow, and will start our November book.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought that book way back when it was in the bookstore in paperback. I don't remember what the font was like, but I was pretty much hooked from the first sentence. I've re-read it a number of times. Everytime a new book in the series came out, I'd read them all from the beginning. I liked the books much better than the series. The first two seasons of the series were good, but then it went downhill from there (for me) and I quit watching. At this point, I don't know if we'll ever see the end of the book series. There have been times I've regretted getting involved. My usual rule is to not start a book until the entire series is available.
thank you
I will buy the trade paper book with the large font!! :hugs:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that George RR Martin has another book coming out soonish. He was on The Late Show on the 25th. Haven't watched it yet, but will shortly.

As for me, I'll be finishing "The Winds of Dune" either tonight or tomorrow, and will start our November book.
Too bad it's another Targaryan saga and not The Winds of Winter.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I found a used trade paperback (Game of Thrones, Book 1); with larger print on Amazon and I will order it on pay day, tomorrow. My treat for the month.👍

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I lied to you all! I didn't mean to lie. It just happened. I did finish "The Winds of Dune" tonight, but..."God Emperor of Dune" is next, then the book after that jumps ahead several hundred years. I decided to read "God Emperor" first, and then go on to "The Girls in the Stilt House."

Status
Not open for further replies.