All the woman over 29

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As someone who has been 30 for 18 yrs now I thought 30 was a tough milestone. 40 was a breeze!! I do agree about the metabolism starting to slow down a bit in the 30's. You just have to watch the amt of "junk food" you eat and "alcohol" you drink!! Make sure you stay active. Also pay attention to the moisture content of your skin and "tanning" I think you can notice people in their late 30's at did lots of tanning earlier in their life at this time.
Don't think about what you have and haven't done with your life yet-I am making a major career/lifestyle change at age 48!!!
Take care and have a wonderful birthday.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Birthday today.. I am 30 so far things are the same. Ok well after 1st son things went south I was 21 since everything is in position still.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am 48 years old and nothing is where it was, 20 years ago. My middle is a bit soft and I have stretch marks (my first baby weighed 10 lbs). When I smile, there are lines around my eyes. If I don't keep up with the hair color, grey grows in, at my temples.

There are two cute little girls, who know me as the woman who can be counted on, for a hug, chocolate and a new pair of pretty shoes. They leave sweet, sticky kisses on my cheeks.

There's a grey-haired, slightly chubby man, who's eyes light up, when he sees me and will spend hours talking to me and actually LISTENING to what I say.

I wouldn't trade any of those, for a toned, skinny body and my (formerly) golden blonde hair.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
please you guys!!! I just turned 50. I loved my 30's. I finally felt like a adult. Happy birthday. Don't fret, enjoy your life. If you keep worrying about how old you are you can't appreciate the present. Live in the moment. After all what's the alternative

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

please you guys!!! I just turned 50. I loved my 30's. I finally felt like a adult. Happy birthday. Don't fret, enjoy your life. If you keep worrying about how old you are you can't appreciate the present. Live in the moment. After all what's the alternative
Congratulations on being an elder, CKATZ!
I get to join the club when I turn 50 this November! I agree with CKATZ that the most important thing is to enjoy the moment - it seems to keep one young! In fact, I didn't notice any real changes until my auto accident when I was 43, and I could no longer wait tables, rockclimb, ride horses, jog, etc. I think that the 30s are a great age to be - I had the time of my life!! So, enjoy your birthday & live it up!!

taurus77

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KarmasMom

SO I turn 29 tomorrow

I want to know is it true that the closer to 30 things start to, um, shall I say start heading south? I am not looking forward to it. This is the last year of my 20's. They were rough but over all I had fun. Is there anything I should start doing now to get ready for the big 3-0? My DH is 38 and he says its no big deal but he is a guy. Things don't start changing on them till closer to 40.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I don't want to get older

I turned 29 on Saturday and I have been telling myself that this is my last year of my twenties, enjoy it. I am soooooooooo upset, though. Have no desire whatsoever to become 30. Its depressing as hell!! I hear the ticking of the biological clock in the background...

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

I couldn't agree more!
Lifes too short to be thinking about getting older. I lost a school friend when we were both in our 30's and i know she would love to be here right now.

At the end of the day, unless your prepared to pay for plastic surgery, botox etc... to stay looking younger, father time will win all the way!