All the info on/ Abys/Egyptian maus/and siamese.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Good. . Winter howk what color type of egyptian mau's do you have? I thought they came in only sliver and smoke? Are yours smoke?

I like the felines history in anchent egypt, I heard the Mau is actually a mordern recreation of what those ancent cats were like.

winter hawk

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Panther pride

Good. . Winter howk what color type of egyptian mau's do you have? I thought they came in only sliver and smoke? Are yours smoke?

I like the felines history in anchent egypt, I heard the Mau is actually a mordern recreation of what those ancent cats were like.
Amaudeus is a silver......and his half-sister (by the same mother) Echo is a smoke. There is a bronze coloration in the breed also.

Winter Hawk

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, and I have to say I don't know the Aby breed (though they sound pretty cool)... I do have a Mau, and I've been looking into a Tonkinese.

I would say to take a look at the Tonk, as it's a cross between the Siamese and the Burmese, has the coloration .. and from everything I've read.. has the good attributes of both breeds. I've read that they're not as vocal as the Siamese, but that they do like to do things like ride on your shoulder, are very people oriented, like harness and leash training, like to go everywhere, visit with everybody.. and I was just sitting here thinking that it might be perfect for you.

Now, my little Mau.. she's about 8-9 pounds, and petite. When you pick her up.. you're pretty much astounded by the weight. You'd never think she weighed as much as she does to look at her. She is the one to sit back and observe. She's the shy timid one, although, that being said.. *none* of the other Maus at the breeder were nearly as timid and shy as she is. She is actually something of a rescue.. she was bought by someone else, shipped, and then contracted an eye infection for which she was being treated by the new owner, who was also trying to turn her into a shoulder cat and basically wouldn't let her down. The breeder asked for her back, as she really felt that it was doing harm to the cat's personality. And when I got her.. she was quite a bit of a lunatic. She's unlike any other cat I've ever owned, though, and while we certainly thought that we'd *never* be able to put our hands on her, pick her up, or do anything with her when we got her... she came around and a lot faster than I could have ever imagined possible. They're extremely intelligent. She'll sit there and watch you like you're giving a lecture and she's taking notes. Out of all our cats.. she's got the best ability to logic things out.. or make more extensive logical connections.

That being said.. she is shy, but she's got a history and a reason. Even being the shy one, she still doesn't run from company, while the Bengal .. you'd never know he lives here. He is completely anti-social.. but that's another story. I agree that they like their surroundings.. and she really hates it when her surroundings change. She absolutely does not feel the need to explore and be adventurous.

If you'd like to see a picture of a bronze.. I have pictures of her on the pictures forum, both under the sleeping kitties thread, and the one I started with my favorite pictures.

~Heather

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

panther pride

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I like what I'm hearing about Abys/Egyptian Maus. Like Abys better though in terms of looks and personality. What about Mane coons? Love their looks and temperment could you tell me whither or not those would be a good breed to harness train for going for walks outside with a retractable lesh and for bringing to a classroom.

I called my local city bus company to see if they allow animals/pets on the bus for travel, they said okay. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/ima...ilies/clap.gif

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Maine Coons would work on harness and around kids. Whatever breed you decide on, I highly recommend males (neutered) as they are more outgoing around people then the females.

Abys would be very active cats. The MC's would be more willing to stretch out on a table to be petted by adoring fans