all of the cats vomiting.....Harmony farms food?............

felixthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
  Im not sure if this is the place to post this,  but none of the other forums seemed to fit.    Four days ago  I noticed cat throw up on the foor.  I did'nt think too much of it since my daughters cat is staying with us until they can find an apartment that allows cats.  That cat has skin problems and throws up at times and the Vet says he thinks it is  a condition that we have to treat with antibiotics  off and on.  At times it helps and  then its back.  We have been through the wringer with her,  but she  seems to be much better since switching to food with no corn.

Now sitting here last night  I noticed 4 of the cats running around and vomiting.  They vomit,  run to another spot and vomit again.  they seem fine.   I couldnt call the Vet because they were closed  by then.  I tried calling  Harmony farm company but it was closed,  it has an option of leaving a message but then  it said it couldnt take a message.  I decided to not feed them that cat food for the rest of the night.  We cooked chicken instead.  

I got up this morning and thewre is vomit all over the furniture.  its chicken.  Now Im wondering what is going on.

The last two bags of Harmony farms food I bought seemed different when they were opened,  they seemed to have many crumbs even in the top.  this is normal in cat food sometimes when you get to the bottom of the bag but not at the beginning.  They seemed to not want it either.   They  ate it but not  like normally.  Again they seem so  spoiled anymore,  like if they know you are opening tuna,  thye are used to having some - but  they also decide that if theres tuna they arent going to eat dry food.  Also if we have  steak and they get snibs of that,  or something else meaty,  they they look at the dry bowls of food and  turn away.  Im wondering now if  this is all starting to  add up to something very wrong with  the cat food.  I noticed blood in the cat box this morning.  I have to wait until tonight to get in the vet.    Im watching a mother cat and her kittens also,  and they are in a completely different part of the house.  Also found vomit  there in small amounts  yesterday.  they mostly eat canned food,  until recently my daughter mixed it wwith dry food.

Istill cant get  a hold of Harmony Farms. 

Can anyone help out with  anything

what is causing this,  anyone have this experience before.  What else could this be if it isnt food.  we have no chemicals opened

I use all natural floor cleaners, I dont use air freshners, 

Thank you

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be the food still-especially since you noticed they dont have as much inerest in it.  I would feed them anything else for at least a few days.  I would take a sample of the food and store it and keep the bag if you have it. 

mewlittle

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  Im not sure if this is the place to post this,  but none of the other forums seemed to fit.    Four days ago  I noticed cat throw up on the foor.  I did'nt think too much of it since my daughters cat is staying with us until they can find an apartment that allows cats.  That cat has skin problems and throws up at times and the Vet says he thinks it is  a condition that we have to treat with antibiotics  off and on.  At times it helps and  then its back.  We have been through the wringer with her,  but she  seems to be much better since switching to food with no corn.

Now sitting here last night  I noticed 4 of the cats running around and vomiting.  They vomit,  run to another spot and vomit again.  they seem fine.   I couldnt call the Vet because they were closed  by then.  I tried calling  Harmony farm company but it was closed,  it has an option of leaving a message but then  it said it couldnt take a message.  I decided to not feed them that cat food for the rest of the night.  We cooked chicken instead.  

I got up this morning and thewre is vomit all over the furniture.  its chicken.  Now Im wondering what is going on.

The last two bags of Harmony farms food I bought seemed different when they were opened,  they seemed to have many crumbs even in the top.  this is normal in cat food sometimes when you get to the bottom of the bag but not at the beginning.  They seemed to not want it either.   They  ate it but not  like normally.  Again they seem so  spoiled anymore,  like if they know you are opening tuna,  thye are used to having some - but  they also decide that if theres tuna they arent going to eat dry food.  Also if we have  steak and they get snibs of that,  or something else meaty,  they they look at the dry bowls of food and  turn away.  Im wondering now if  this is all starting to  add up to something very wrong with  the cat food.  I noticed blood in the cat box this morning.  I have to wait until tonight to get in the vet.    Im watching a mother cat and her kittens also,  and they are in a completely different part of the house.  Also found vomit  there in small amounts  yesterday.  they mostly eat canned food,  until recently my daughter mixed it wwith dry food.

Istill cant get  a hold of Harmony Farms. 

Can anyone help out with  anything

what is causing this,  anyone have this experience before.  What else could this be if it isnt food.  we have no chemicals opened

I use all natural floor cleaners, I dont use air freshners, 

Thank you
I never herd of harmony farms

if you can get Before grain wet and dry and variety insticnt wet and dry I notice my cats don not vomite on it at all and my cats used to do what yours are doing now maybe yor pet food brand changed the ingredients look at the bag since you said it looked different

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How recently did you or your daughter stop mixing dry food into the mother cat and kitten's food?  I'm just wondering, because it might or might not be indicative of whether or not it's the dry food, since there was vomit in their room also. 

I did notice that Harmony Farms were involved in those recalls from a couple of years ago, but unless you're feeding long expired food, it's shouldn't be on the recall list.  (that doesn't mean it's not bad, though)

I would definitely be talking to my Vet ASAP will ALL of the cats having this reaction. 

smitten4kittens

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I definately wouldn't feed any more from that bag. You mentioned they eat mostly canned food, I would just go back to that. It's healthier anyway.

I have fed Harmony Farms wet food without any problems. Maybe that batch of dry in particular wasn't good. I hope they're all feeling better soon.