All I want for my Birthday is a black cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Where in WV are you? I have a solid black male who is now 4 weeks old...ready for adoption on June 5
Drools, gives me time to knit more kitty beds and toys. I'd love to see a pic of him or two. Where are you? I'd be happy to adopt him. AngelBoots

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AngelBoots

Drools, gives me time to knit more kitty beds and toys. I'd love to see a pic of him or two. Where are you? I'd be happy to adopt him. AngelBoots
I looked under my name and saw all those Black Kittties. LOL I'm bawling again guys stop it. LOL Thanks All for suport I sure needed it today. AngelBoots

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
black cats are evil just ask eazy.heyu beats him up every time he goes to lay down next to her. lol.

I hope you get you black kitty soon.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Coco had Kittens there was a Black Male and I gave him to my Sister and named him Midnight. He will be 6 on Aug 1. When I got Oreo I said give me the Black one or Black and White. I love Black Cats. That is a stupid rule there.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Is that so hard, tomorrow I turn 38, we own our home, thu rent the land. Have four spoiled rotten cats and a small chihuahua who thinks he's a cat. LOL Everyone has their own cat tree,sleeping beds {2} each and all they're shots and wormings. All neutered or spayed. TONS of CAT TOYS {almost more then our kids. LOL

I love the look of sleek black cats, all my guys are tortie {tailless} or grey tabbies,and one heavy cream baby. Its a simple request I make every year. And every year I get shot down. In my area,unforunatly black dogs and black cats are put down alot as unadoptable as this area is very much old school anything black is evil. Welcome to 2008. If your Wiccan here hide it they will burn a cross in your yard. {Wished I was joking but I'm not}

Why won't my husband listen. LOL if he doesn't tomorrow night Im getting twin black kittens Heck with him. LOL AngelBoots
There are two gorgeous black kitties at our shelter. One is a "tux kitty." And one is all black, with gorgeous golden eyes.

There is also a tiny black tux kitten.

You can see the two adults in my "shelter cats 4/28/04" thread.

By the way, did you know that the few white hairs almost every black cat has are call "the angel's touch?" In the middle ages, it was believed that a purely black cat might be a witch's familiar, but angels would touch them, changing few black hairs to white, to protect them from the witches getting them.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

By the way, did you know that the few white hairs almost every black cat has are call "the angel's touch?" In the middle ages, it was believed that a purely black cat might be a witch's familiar, but angels would touch them, changing few black hairs to white, to protect them from the witches getting them.
How silly... doesn't this idea just propagate the myths about black cats? Personally I think ANY cat would be lucky to be a familiar and familiars aren't limited to cats (black or otherwise)... they can also be any other animal!

Anyway, I'm glad to see that you may be getting your birthday wish... in the mean time I need to go strangle my black kitty because it's 6am and he's upstairs screaming his head off because I'm not in the shower yet.
Good luck with your new addition.

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Racist
s! Thats so stupid!

I would definitely get the cats you want despite what your husband thinks (and if he agrees with the anti black thing then I'd have him put down - joke)

I can't believe the shelter kill animals because they are black, that is terrible. If I were you, I would try to set up a scheme to have the black animals rehomed in less backward areas of the country. I'm sure that other people would be only to happy to help. I would if I were in that area of the world. In fact, if you would like to do something like that, I will be only too happy to do what I can research wise etc over the internet. Maybe you could encourage an animal charity to set up a sanctuary especially for these black animals??

Where do you actually live by the way? I'm assuming somewhere in America?

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

What a bunch of
I can't believe the naivety of people this day... to make a bold point... should all black people be killed as evil too?! What the
?! Sorry, I hope you can rescue a black kitty. Maybe you could call the shelter back and ask them to call you the next time they take in a black cat (or two)?
Excellent idea, and I wouldn't call these people naive, I'd call them down right ignorant! Grr!!

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

I have twin black kittens that Salem just had from her litter. Would you like to have them?

I agree: black cats are cool!
I've had more black cats than any other kind, and they've always seemed to be the most loving.
That black cat myth is just ridiculous!!

BTW, happy birthday!

~KK~
Thanks All. I'd love them if I can get them here.

angelboots

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joyzerelly

Excellent idea, and I wouldn't call these people naive, I'd call them down right ignorant! Grr!!
They're down right mean and hateful. Went to our shelter today again and was told they didn't have any looking for homes. and Was asked if I was a witch. I'm like no,a Mom and a Wife pretty close but Witch no. sigh I hate this area tons. AngelBoots

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sure thought of you today when we went to Petsmart to get kitty food. Of course I have to go look at the kitties up for adoption by local rescues. One of them had 7 cats there - all of them black except for one that was black and white (he had to be adopted with a pretty long-haired black girl). Gosh they were all so beautiful!
I sure wish you lived around here - there certainly isn't that kind of ridiculous stigma with shelters here!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Definitely some feline racism going on there. You should give Al Sharpton a call and I bet he'd be happy to raise some hell for all the colored kitties out there

I own two black cats myself, wouldn't have it any other way. One is as affectionate as any cat I've ever met and the other one is a bit of a booger but makes life interesting.

Slightly OT, but interesting that the US is the only place in the world where black cats are considered bad. Everywhere else it's the white cats that are considered bad luck (i.e. UK, Asia), and black cats are considered good luck and highly sought after. If you want a black cat, there are plenty for adoption at my local shelter.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
actually, black and black and white cats are the hardest to place in the UK, I don't know why, as I adore pure black cats, and am fortunate enough to own one. I have never heard anything about white cats being unlucky in the UK, but they dont come up that often (well, at least not in my rescue, think we had 3 last year), so dont tend to wait that long.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Went to our shelter today again and was told they didn't have any looking for homes. and Was asked if I was a witch.
They actually asked you that??!!
That's just totally ridiculous!
Just where do you live? On the set of that Deliverance movie??

And I thought I lived in a backwards place!

~KK~

joyzerelly

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by booktigger

actually, black and black and white cats are the hardest to place in the UK, I don't know why, as I adore pure black cats, and am fortunate enough to own one. I have never heard anything about white cats being unlucky in the UK, but they dont come up that often (well, at least not in my rescue, think we had 3 last year), so dont tend to wait that long.
Really? I would never have guessed that. I don't think there is much (if any) superstition around cats in England today (maybe fifty years ago). If there is discrimination, i would imagine its just personal preference. Maybe because black and b&w cats are more common, so people want something different. Personally, I go for personality.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is insane? They really asked that, were they serious?!
How awful! Black cats are gorgeous

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by joyzerelly

Really? I would never have guessed that. I don't think there is much (if any) superstition around cats in England today (maybe fifty years ago). If there is discrimination, i would imagine its just personal preference. Maybe because black and b&w cats are more common, so people want something different. Personally, I go for personality.
it is apparently cos they are overlooked in favour of 'prettier' colours, nothing to do with superstition - i have had blacks and black and whites waiting longer than other colours to be honest, but i did love one of our adopters this year - she rang up purely for black kittens, and ended up with 2 of them.

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

here are a couple of his pictures...I need to take more they will be 6wks old on thursday!

here you can see him nursing

here he is showing his attitude

here are the three boys

here he is when he was a couple of days old