All I Want For Christmas......and You?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

Thanks guys. It's nice to know that when I'm having "one of those days" I can come here and find support and encouragment. So far it looks like it will be me and the kids only on christmas . Charlie has to be out of town so we wont get to see him christmas day. I guess the saddest part for me is that while mom and dad were alive everyone in the family came to our house for holidays and now that they are gone I havent heard from anyone in the family since feb. when mom passed. I feel almost forgotten. I call my aunts uncles and adopted brothers and sisters but no one ever calls or writes back. Some family huh? well i guess im gonna get off the pity me trip and go find something to clean... or break.
You can come home with me for Christmas!

My family would welcome you with open arms!

kitty's mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

Thanks guys. It's nice to know that when I'm having "one of those days" I can come here and find support and encouragment. So far it looks like it will be me and the kids only on christmas . Charlie has to be out of town so we wont get to see him christmas day. I guess the saddest part for me is that while mom and dad were alive everyone in the family came to our house for holidays and now that they are gone I havent heard from anyone in the family since feb. when mom passed. I feel almost forgotten. I call my aunts uncles and adopted brothers and sisters but no one ever calls or writes back. Some family huh? well i guess im gonna get off the pity me trip and go find something to clean... or break.
Hugs to you. I think all I want is for my adult son to realize his mom is still important and when he says he'll be over on the holidays he should actually do what he says. He has a habit of telling me he's going to do things and then not showing up......or calling. That's the "short" story version.....now, I think I'm going to cry.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm going to be single for christmas too, and to make matters worse, it would have been our two year anniversary new years eve

but, as far as i'm concerned i already have all i need for christmas. I had the courage to walk away from a destructive partner, great friends who were there for me 100% and supportive parents who have let me live on their charity for the past month and not hassled me to get a job.

i asked that instead of presents that my parents would give all the money to charity as i dont need anything really. my mum refused point blank as she said it would ruin christmas for her if i had nothing to open! lol!

i think we've compromised and i'm getting a smoothie maker and gym membership and maybe a donation to charity too.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kitty's Mom

Hugs to you. I think all I want is for my adult son to realize his mom is still important and when he says he'll be over on the holidays he should actually do what he says. He has a habit of telling me he's going to do things and then not showing up......or calling. That's the "short" story version.....now, I think I'm going to cry.

i hope he sees sense this year

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by consumercity

OMG, that's exactly what I want!! I'm starting an organization called The Santa Claws Project and we will be bringing toys and treats to shelter animals year round. The first page of the website is up but it's still under construction. My Mom asked me what I want for Christmas and I told her I want toys and treats for shelter animals. She said ok so I'm getting what I want for Christmas!!
That is so wonderful!!
I can remember a couple of rough Christmases, too - when I was first single, it was my daughters, cats & me because a blizzard closed the highway & knocked out the electricity, and my family & friends & I couldn't travel to each other (I was broke and my sis was bringing the presents). And the first & 3rd Christmas after my nephew was murdered
And then the Christmases where my grandson was told he could be with us, and his dad would just change his mind and not let it happen
And the Christmas when I had to go to work because my co-workers got hurt/sick & the restaurant didn't have enough servers as it was. Somehow, the day always turned out special, just the same.
There are so many touching stories here, from the mom whose son Alex is apart from her, to those who are unable to have the traditional family gathering. Yet all of you are still so compassionate & loving to each other here, and to the cats and other animals that we read about in the forums; the True Meaning of Christmas is really in your hearts, all year long,and I am so privileged to have joined your very, very special group.
:hug: