Aldis

atzya void

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Now a days the first ingredient is chicken by-product. Chicken by product is just t he remaining stuff when they process meat. like when they cut off chicken breasts, and by product will be the little bits remaining, and yes the cartilige too. The canned food is about 30-39¢, and my cats love it. I cant say wether its killing em, but every morning they meow and get excited and claww and wake me up so they can have their canned food, and one at night when i get done with work.

They love it, its affordably, my cats are cats and they love to play, one loves to try and escape outside and go missing for a day or too, then when he gets home right away he begs for a can of food. they are soft, cuddly, nice, etc. theres nothign wrong with feeding this to your cats, my cats love me for feeding it to them.

Im more worried about the stuff in human food. hot dogs, frozen dinners, yuk.

jgm82

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wouldn't give Aldi's brand of food to your cat. I personally don't like any of the brands of food (human or animal) that Aldi sells. It is all very cheap, therefore made with cheap ingredients. They don't sell any name brand foods at Aldi IIRC. That makes me think the cat food they sell there is their brand. The cheaper the food is, the cheaper the ingredients, which means the quality of the ingredients aren't too great. So, if you are concerned about quality, I'd stay far away from their brand of food.
That's not really fair to say. Aldi-brand foods are literally identical to the name-brand counterparts. Ingredient-for-ingredient. The stuff costs less because they don't provide free bags, you have to put a deposit on a cart, they don't have shelf-stockers and they don't pay people to bag groceries. Buy a name brand version of something and buy the Aldi counterpart. There is no difference, whatsoever. Some of the Aldi-exclusive stuff is actually better than anything I can get in a nicer store, too. You know who else doesn't really carry name brands? Trader Joe's. Guess who that owner's brother is? The guy who runs Aldi. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's not really fair to say. Aldi-brand foods are literally identical to the name-brand counterparts. Ingredient-for-ingredient. The stuff costs less because they don't provide free bags, you have to put a deposit on a cart, they don't have shelf-stockers and they don't pay people to bag groceries. Buy a name brand version of something and buy the Aldi counterpart. There is no difference, whatsoever. Some of the Aldi-exclusive stuff is actually better than anything I can get in a nicer store, too. You know who else doesn't really carry name brands? Trader Joe's. Guess who that owner's brother is? The guy who runs Aldi. 
MANY store brand items are actually made by the brand name manufacturers.

elaine gardner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i would disagree with you on that cheaper doesnt always mean rubbish quality that is a myth and aldi's butcher meat comes from same supplier as marks and spencers their brands are just as good as our name brands and named brands doesnt always mean quality 

kittycatsmile16

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to give my two cats, high quality food.  One must eat only grain free, and the other could eat anything.  In the last two years or so, $$$ started to get really tight.  In order to cut back on cost, I gave the one that could eat anything, Aldi's brand cat food as it was only 33 cents a can.  The other one, I had to continue buying grain free, which tends to usually be a better brand of food.  

I did not realize until recently, that my older cat, was urinating like crazy and drinking water constantly.  I realized this a few weeks ago and was intending to take her to the vet.  Before I could do this, she ran away, or snuck outside, and I never saw here again, despite my intensive search for her.  

People had told me that she probably ran off to die.  This was not a cat who ever ran away, in tweleve years!  In hindsight, I wish that I could have gotten her to the vet sooner, and I am certain that it was the Aldi's crappy cat food, that killed her.  She did really well on the other food, but it took me a long time to realize this.  I just wrote it off to her aging process, although she was only 13 or 14.  

I am writing to say that I think that the Aldi's food killed my cat!  She was seemingly healthier before I switched her food, and I just was not getting the connection!

DO NOT BUY ALDI'S CAT FOOD FOR YOUR CATS, PLEASE!

I miss my cat terrible, and wish that I could have gotten her to the vet in time and noticed the signs and symptoms sooner, so that I could have saved her life!  I have so much guild and remorse, and feel that if I had acted sooner, that most likely, I could have saved her life!  I believe in cause and affect and I know that something made her sick...I surmize that it was the crappy food that I was feeding her!

Please spare your cat of this same fate!  

mustangbill

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aldi's scoopable litter clumps well, and is pretty good litter. Not overly perfumed, ( I like a scent ), but a very good odor controlling litter for the price, as I have 3 cats.

mouselcat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Please be careful about the food you feed...best to buy the best you can afford and avoid vet bils [and pain and suffering]. Cat's need [good] meats/fish, no grains, veggies or fruits. Do not fall for specisl vet diets either. Use homeopathic remedies when possible...for UTI's, I have even used homeopathic for an ear hematoma, and was dismissed by my vet.

momcat859

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry.  For some of us cheap is all we can do.  Our cat loves it though.  Both the wet (which she gets 3x daily with her medicine) and the dry food.