Albino kitten?

lakooda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My polydactyl tabby has given birth to 5 healthy kittens, all female, and all striped but one. The first one that came out was solid white, and I'm just now noticing, it's been well over a week, and their eyes are opening. The white one has slightly pinkish purple irises, resembles...a lab rats eyes. Can't describe it. I should try to post a pic if the color doesn't change after he develops more. I've already decided to keep her, I'm just wondering if she's a albino. Are there other features to tell if a cat is albino?

katluver4life

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is the eye coloring that is used to determine albinism in cats. They will be pink or red. If he is a true albino, please be aware that he will be very sensitive to the sun. They have a higher risk of cancer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lakooda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I was reading up, apparently some are at higher risk for going deaf as well :( poor girl. She'll definitely be taken care of.

zoey21

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a full white female cat with blue eyes she's always been fine every time she been to the vets. she's just had 2 white kitten and tabby. Some of them are deaf. I don't let my cat out Neva has been from a baby coz someone I know has a white cat had to have his ears of coz the sun and cancer x