Alaska's First 18 Wheeler Road Trip Adventure!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband is a truck driver, and sometimes, when we can get a cat sitter or will only be gone overnight, I go with him and bring one or two of our cats along, from the ones that enjoy such trips. Some hate it, and our senior doesn't need the stress, so we mostly stick to one of two brothers, Aegon, my apricot point (I have been calling him a flame point, but he's really a bit lighter than a flame point), and Stannis, a long-haired apricot/red mackerel tabby, who were raised not to fear the truck noise and to be comfortable in it. Well, you have to start them young for them to grow up used to the travel, so this time, I brought Alaska, on his own, to see how he takes it.

He did great! Probably the best of any kitten I've done this with. He has a very adventurous spirit and was content to explore the nooks and crannies of the sleeper and play with anything and everything. I think he will be the be a great kitty to take with us on our outings. I could tell from his body language he was having a good time, and I'm glad. I don't want to stress them, but I also like taking kitties on our vacations and making them part of everything we do.

I believe Alaska will be quite the adventurer. I took a few photos of him in the truck to mark the occasion. Does anyone else like taking their feline family members on vacations? Post your cats on trips here!

Got two good shots of us parked and him checking out the world beyond the window (it was really tough to get him to face the camera; he was fascinated!)

received_10155751442621063.jpg
received_10155751441886063_20171205140137922.jpg

Then, a nice photo of him relaxing on a pillow during the drive. It was dark in the back so I had to try and brighten it with an app on my phone.

received_10155751654446063.jpg

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Alaska really does look like he's enjoying himself. He's got a lot of new sights and smells to entertain and fascinate him, plus he gets to be Only Cat for awhile. He is certainly a beautiful boy.

I'm going on a short vacation over Christmas and would dearly love to bring Paul and Chula but there are already two cats where I'm going so that's not going to work out. If I could, though I'd take them everywhere!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I asked the breeder what his personality is like, she said "brave"; he was the first to do everything and hit every milestone, she said. Now I understand why! He is quite brave, and seems at home anywhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For socialization purposes, I'm going to take him every PetSmart run, so people can pet him and he can become as friendly as possible, but so far, he seems to have the temperament of a show cat. Always calm, graceful, doesn't mind being picked up or examined. He's very easy going and friendly. I can't wait to write a review on the breeder. I'm just waiting for him to get a little older so I can see more about his quality and health.