AI Discussion 5-1 **SPOILERS INSIDE**

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Jordin but that was awful
I hope she got enough votes last week to carry her through.

I thought Lakisha did great, but last week wasn't so hot, so same with Jordin, I hope she got enough votes THIS week to carry her through.

I can't stand Chris or Phil.

Melinda is good, but she kinda bores me. She does the same style song every time.

I used to like Blake... but I truly HATED what he did to that song

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

KENZ!! I have some bad news for you now...I had a dream about Blake last night, and now I have a crush on him too!!

We will have to fight for him I gues
Sorry hun, he's mine- you can't have him, I'll fight you for him!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
okay, here's a thought.... since Jordin was "in the bottom 2" last week, that will generate a LOT of sympathy votes, anyone remember the time Ruben was in the bottom 2??? so I think the powers that be on Idol KNEW that she was going to struggle monstrously with Bon Jovi and did it on purpose
perhaps the same reasoning for Chirs, but then Chris has been in the bottom a couple times
but this goes back to my thinking that this whole competion is rigged in some secret squirrel way
I would mind ata ll to see Chris go, I've also never been a fan.

I was SO impressed by Lakisha, she really picked up her game, cause she has been sucking the last couple weeks, so good for her

I did not like Melinda's performance, she is still not American Idolish enough for me, but then again Taylor wasn't either and look what happened

Blake was awesome!! I could have done without the whole drum thing in the middle, but the actually singing/beat boxing was awesome, total bonus points for him for having the musical knowledge to do that stuff, that and the Diana Ross remkae he did are definitely in my top 2 of his performances

Phil actually did really good IMO, but his eyebrows are freakin me out

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Sorry hun, he's mine- you can't have him, I'll fight you for him!
Okay, wait a second..you already have a man!! I haven't had a man in quite some time..therefore...I GET BLAKE!!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is my take on last night's performances:

1) Phil - I think if Blake left, my wife and I would vote for Phil. We don't love him, but he is one of the best singers IMO and he doesn't always get all the credit he deserves.

2) Jordon - She scared us last night with that hair..poofy, streaky..yikes. It was also the first time that I can remember where I absolutely hated her performance. I thought she crashed and burned. But I blame the song choice, not her. There are so many good Bon Jovi songs that don't "rock" that she could have done.

3) Lakisha - Was she wearing a girdle? Yeah she can sing, but I don't care for the whole Kevin Covais lisp she has going on when she sings, and she needs to drop the Fantasia "Baby-Mama" angle. I view her in the same league as Melinda. She can sing, and has talent, but she's to me, a one trick pony. If it's not Gospel, she's going to try and make it Gospel no matter what.

4) Blake - Great as usual
My wife and I are a huge fan and while we haven't jumped for joy over EVERY performance he's done, last night was a special one. As a drummer I appreciated the trading four's for 16 bars section last night, that was definately a risk. He needs to go back to blonde hair though. When guys dye their hair black and it's not the natural color, you can always tell

5) Chris - Wow that was painful. We don't really like Chris seeing as he specializes in the "nasally" singing style that he claims is legit, but last night was by far the worst performance I've seen of him. Forget the fact that Daughtry did the same song better last year, as a performance it was just painful period. Nasally, pitchy, and he basically yelled the whole time. But once again, it was another performance (just like last week) where he bombed but got huge praise for it. Thankfully he'll probably be one of the ones going home this week.

6) Melinda - She did pretty good with the song, I was actually surprised. The attitude was nice, but in general we just don't like her. She is very talented, but the whole attitude around her that she is in a league of her own and can do no wrong is getting old. Atleast she stopped the "Oh me??" smile. Hopefully she doesn't win. I think if I had to pick a girl to win it would be Jordon.

That being said, Jordon, as much as I didn't like the performance, shouldn't go home. It should really be Chris and Lakisha, from a vocal standpoint and for the fact that they really did a number on Jordon unfairly last week and she shouldn't go out like that yet. Be told that you're going home, only to be told "Haha, no just kidding" and then to say "No really we're serious this time, you're going home" the next week.