AI Discussion 4-4 **SPOILERS INSIDE**

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I said I feel like crying because I know Gina gave it her all. It's the first voting off I didn't agree with at all...she's not my favorite, but there are 3 others (Phil, Haley, and Sanjaya) worse than her....and certain people are only on there because of their appearance/ radio commentator popularity, not because they have talent. What kind of message is this sending to the younger generation in America??? It's a joke. Sorry

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsRNmom

Here is all of the 9-15 year old girls reaction to the new sign..

Yechhhh, my reaction to that sign was:

Originally Posted by neetanddave

Some slicked back greasy thing.....
I wish he'd shave off that peach fuzz "mustache"..

Seacrest is a *******..... ON WITH IT ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a family site, Neet!

The answer is A - Kevin Covias was Chicken Little!

He was the next worst Idol finalist behind The Hair.
Kevin was such a weirdo. Didn't like him!!

Originally Posted by LokisMum

Or beers!
It's the Pilsners and Molsons

markvg

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

I said I feel like crying because I know Gina gave it her all. It's the first voting off I didn't agree with at all...she's not my favorite, but there are 3 others (Phil, Haley, and Sanjaya) worse than her....and certain people are only on there because of their appearance/ radio commentator popularity, not because they have talent. What kind of message is this sending to the younger generation in America??? It's a joke. Sorry
I thought the Tony Bennett "standards" was going to be a problem. I was thinking the people voting wouldn't understand that type of music. Gina is very good at other types of musical styles. She shouldn't have gotten voted off.

This is the first year I'm watching this and it is going to be so hard going forward watching who gets voted off... except for when Sonjaya gets dumped.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Oh who knows! Maybe Milli Vanilli will come back and win it! Absolutely no credibility at all anymore!
They might as well. Maybe we can just create a new show with only 3 competing...Sanjaya, Milli Vanilli, and the Nelson twins. THAT would be a SHOW!!!

But then again, between the 3, it's hard to say whose hair is the most beautiful.

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by markvg

I thought the Tony Bennett "standards" was going to be a problem. I was thinking the people voting wouldn't understand that type of music. Gina is very good at other types of musical styles. She shouldn't have gotten voted off.

This is the first year I'm watching this and it is going to be so hard going forward watching who gets voted off... except for when Sonjaya gets dumped.
It's my first year watching too! Once he gets voted off we can all party! Like the guy on the radio said...we should all take Simon's reverse psychology on Sanjaya...."he's incredible and will win the whole thing!" (hoping just saying it will make the opposite happen)

....I'm at a loss on what else to do or think at this point

cinder

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
meh... I think we're all being set up. Look at the headlines they're getting over this. The show was getting old, stale... They need a new gimmic. So...Sanjaya is created. Tell me they couldn't tell this guy could not sing through all those auditions. Big controversy. Next year they change the way you vote. Everyone jumps on the bandwagon again and it's ratings heaven. AI probably has hundreds of people speed dialing for The Hair. (IF they even count votes)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I didn't watch last night because we were grocery shopping. Earl thought bread and milk were more important.
From the snippets at the beginning of the show, well, obviously Sanjaya should have gone. Phil should have gone. Hayley is just a tramp, but at least those two were in the bottom two. There's a bit of hope anyway.
And Sanjaya wasn't in the top 3 - those were voted correctly.

Gina shouldn't have gone home, though. Not this early. However, I will say that there is not a huge following for rocker chicks. Guys who are rockers don't watch AI, so she wouldn't get that vote at all. Other rocker chicks...well, they probably aren't watching AI this year.

At this point, I HOPE Cinder is right. I hope they do change how the voting is done, because it's not a fair system right now, but they can't change it without a scandal because the number of votes wouldn't be "records" if they change it. At least the top 3 were the right ones, so I think there will still be a legit winner of the competition.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought I read that the British Idol voting system was changed due to an occurence which is similar to what's happening now on the show.
I think all the mommies and daddies should take the phones away from their tweeners which is messing up the program. I guess I'm going to have to start voting now too!!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

They might as well. Maybe we can just create a new show with only 3 competing...Sanjaya, Milli Vanilli, and the Nelson twins. THAT would be a SHOW!!!

But then again, between the 3, it's hard to say whose hair is the most beautiful.
At least the Nelson twins were hot!

omg I HATE Phil and Sanjaya. And Haley is just a mediocre singer. Gina wasn't the best, but she definitely shouldn't have gone home before those three.

We need to ban 12 year old girls from voting!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I told my wife that if when we have kids old enough to vote if AI is still on, if anyone of them votes for someone that's bad like this, they're grounded

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

I told my wife that if when we have kids old enough to vote if AI is still on, if anyone of them votes for someone that's bad like this, they're grounded
That is too funny. I think that's a great plan.